Rate the 5 colors

E

enchantmentman

Can someone please tell me the worst colors to the best colors in order???

D

Darsh

My opinion is

White-I can gain life and protect myself
Blue-I am really annoying
Red-I can be taken out pretty easily
Green-Please don't play wrath of god
Black-I'm suicidal

But I really hate blue so blue should probably be higher.

[Edited by Darsh on September 5th, 2000 at 08:29 PM]

N

nanokill

me personally.

my color idea's and thoughts

red-you better run
green-one word "stompy"
white-gain life, wieny pump
blue-friggin annoying
black-are u nuts

C

Cateran Emperor

There is no best color. The best color is whatever suits your personality and playing style. For me personally, it goes like this:

Red: Chaos is all me! Nuclear strike!
Green: Stompy sucks. Go Verdant Force and such beasts!
Blue: I respect Blue. That's about it.
Black: MERCS! That's it for me though.
White: Cowardly protection from X is no way to play :mad:

But hey, that's just me ;)

P

plaguelord2000

it depends if your running T2 hears worst to best
red
white
green
black
blue

im not shur if you want to know you have to sit down and lok at what it has
now for MBC
blue
black
red
green
white
it was a toss up for the best. i said white becouse of the angles jeweled spirit parralex wave rebels megeta the bitch

green has the beafy creatures but should be stopped by white unless green gets a monster hand an djust runns over the creatures white puts out

that is my opionion as of now. "things are going to chnge around here" (crovax) when invasions comes out i think red is going to take the bull by the horns and make a dash for the leader of the pack for colors and become realy populare soon. well until later fellow magic players.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
there is no best color and there is no worst color and leave it at that. There's "best" and less-than-best CARDS in all of the colors.

D

Dead

It all depends on your reference points. In terms of my play group, the most dominant colour is green, then black, red, white, blue. But that doesn't mean green is best- it just seems suited to 1 hour max. 4-6 player melee, with cards such as multani and verdant force. My personal melee favourite is black, but for multiplayer i stand a better chance with white. I think red has been a bit screwed in recent expansions, and green has got much better post about 5th. That's my two cents...

D

Duel

Blue: Versatile. Annoying, but effective. Blue is rarely if ever not one of the top decks....

Green: A staple color. You will not find a better casual color anywhere. Except blue.

Black: Just good. Cheap, effective, but slightly suicidal and with a tendency towards pricey.

White: Slow, but effective. Able to deal with threats almost as well as blue.

Red: Boom, boom, boom. Red is SO dumb!

P

plaguelord2000

duel red isnt that stupid of a color. its been left to die by wizards latly. it isnt the worst ive seen priety good decks bye red. the only thing its got going for it know is burn and a little control from a few cretures. but i do admite it is prety lame right now. all we can hope for is that invasions bring reenforsments in it.

G

Gizmo

Best to worst:

Blue
Red
Black
Green
White

But this all depends on which cardpool you are using, currently red and blue are on a downer for T2, but when they gain cards of approximately equal power to the other three colours then they dominate as counters and burn are too generically useful compared to the narrow effects produced by other colours.

White has been pretty much crap since Swords went, it`s now the colour of two spells - Disenchant and Armageddon - everything else is borderline useful and so White is often splashed into other decks rather than used to base a deck on. Rebels notwithstanding.

Green is traditioally the worst colour, but I think two cards have given it real dominance from one time to another and they are Gaea`s Blessing and Rancor. Perish is too good as well, it keeps Green in check.

Black is great, but so good that it gets unfairly dumped on in the cardpool, which is typically very shallow. The good cards in black are VERY good (Living Death, Necropotence, Dark Ritual), but they tail off rapidly into unplayable dross. Also not being able to kill artifantments is a big pain.

Red is good because it`s direct - most people aren`t prepared to face 20 points of 'to the head' damage so you can win a game you should lose just by topdecking a Blaze or two. It`s real strength is that it`s removal spells (burn) are also useful if they have no creatures so the deck rarely has redundant spells.

Blue stops everything. Every other colour has to ask blue before it play it`s cards. This is why blue is the best colour because it can always simply stop what everybody else is doing and tell them where they can stick it.
Counterspell is THE best spell in the entire game.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

How could you consider blue and black worse than red in MBC? Maybe black, as the only mono-black strategy that is successful is Mercs (no offense Cateran Emperor/Overlord), but definetly not Blue, which has Risnig Waters, Cowardice, Blue Skies, Control, and (I think) something else I'm forgetting right now, as well as a lot more room for innovation by the few people who will still play MBC in the future. All red has that is remotely successful in MBC is tap-out strategy, and there is no room for innovation there except maybe Mana Cache, but I doubt it.

As for me, I never play block and almost never Type II, so it comes down to two categories: which one I think is best for winning and which one is most fun to play. Keep in mind that I usually play two-to-four player games, with combo and control almost non-existent (although I would like to change that :[ )

Best for winning (from worst to best):
Blue
Black / White (a tie)
Red
Green

My favorite (from worst to best):
Red
White
Black
Blue / Green (another tie)

I like the weird synergistic-type stuff that green and blue both have. Black has it to a lesser extent, and white a little less, but red is insanely unsubtle (or just insane).

C

Cerberus

green-- is the best in my mind I like to be aggressive
Blue--I play decks like fish and blue skys not that control stuff
White--destruction, Destruction and reble
Red--burn not my favorite to play in any way
Blank--see red but even worse then red in my mind

I can play red and black but I don't because they art as fun as the other colors to me

J

Jettaran

These are my personnal favorites. You may have others. Best to worst

Black
White
Green
Red
Blue

Black- Recurance oh yeah I love it dead I dont think so
White- Armegedon and Wrath of God oh yeah
Green- Me crush you now, or me overflow you
Red- My burn you now and sneak attack you
Blue- complicated and boring

T

Thrash Golem

The best 5 colors:

Red
the rest (in any order)

Red:
Burn, land kill.. if u can pull this off with some accelerated mana, you win. Also, 1/2 of the first turn kill
(channel and fireball)

Green:
Too many creatures to deal with. Extremely fast.. 3rd turn Verdant Force, 2nd turn if you play with elvish spirit guide

Black:
Life is not an asset.. I don't care what i look like, as long as you're uglier

White:
Why can't we be friends? if not, i'll make you work on my farm

Blue:
Hey, im a little bitch. Try having fun at MTG, i'll mak sure you don't.

D

Duel

I'm sorry, man, but you had a TBDE. Traumatic Blue Deck Experience. Remember, just cause YOU don't get an untap phase, doesn't mean the game isn't fun for me.
Blue has the best cards, the most intricate interaction, the least straightforward themes....
What's not to like?
Oh, and it's got the best common: Counterspell.

Red, on the other hand has land destruction...
Artifact destruction....
Damage....
gee. how fun. yee-haw. can't you feel that.
Ooh, I fireball you for 20. That's a fun way to end a game....

T

Thrash Golem

hey duel, do i smell a blue mage.

you know how much it sucks to be in a group game, everyone has an empty hand except one guy with a hand of counters.. you play wheel of fortune and he counters it. Then he uses palinchron and my mana flare to capsize everything on the board.

control is soooo boring. and most of the time the blue mage is like

OK i draw.. its a counterspell
(wait 12 minutes of total silence)
um i think im done

E

Ertai

As a blue mage myself that plays almost exlcusivly in group games, so i have a thing or two to say. First, I can only afford to counter things that represent an immediant 'i win' for the caster, and things i can't possibly deal with later. If somebody were to play a lanowar elf, i wouldn't counter it. They could probably hit me with it for a good 5 turns or so before i find something to stop it with. In a group game i am drawing 1 card for every 3 or more the rest of the table is drawing. That's horrible card disadvantage, luckly most of those cards get used up on each other, but there are still 3x the number of real threats that i *need* to counter as in a duel.

Anyway, My rating(from worst to best):

Red: burn. yeah. mass destruction is it's one redeeming feature

Green: I find most of the cards boring, but there are a few that shine(enchantress, birds, verdant force, plow under, etc.)

White: Protection is neat, and angels, but saving creatures is still worse then killing them, imho.

Black: Discard, creature kill, life draining spells(way better then either dd or life gain).

Blue: Easily the most complicated color requiring the most thought, imho. Ways to deal with *everything*. card drawing, bounce, counters.

D

Duel

Hey Welcome in, my friend. Sorry for excluding rhystic study from my rhystic post. It should Have been there instead of withdraw.

anyways, he's right!