Ransac's Deck Series: Seismic Meltdown

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Okay, it's about time that I reveal some of the decks that I enjoy playing. None of them get more casual (in my definition of the word) than my deck that focuses on Seismic Assault.

1 Rowen
2 Elfhame Sanctuary
2 Mine, Mine, Mine! (I love this card :D)
2 Fog
3 Rancor
2 Veteran Explorer
2 Bull Elephant
2 Groundskeeper
2 Quirion Ranger
4 Quirion Elves
3 Wall of Blossoms
2 Skyshroud Elf
4 Yavimaya Elder
3 Llanowar Elves
4 Harvest Wurm
3 Mulch
3 Gaea's Bounty
3 Summer Bloom
1 Life from the Loam
2 Seismic Assault

Spells: 50

19 Forest
6 Mountain
3 Shivan Oasis

Land: 28

Total: 78

The first obvious flaws of the deck revolve around Seismic Assault. I either need to A) have 4 of them in the deck or B) have cards to fetch them for me.

Any thoughts? Help?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Depending on how many dual-type lands you want to put in, you can splash white for Sterling Grove(s) to get the Assault and/or protect it. But I would say put at least 3 of the Assaults in there.

M

Modus Pwnens

It's an echantment from unglued, saying:

When Mine, Mine, Mine! comes into play, each player puts his or her library into his or her hand.
Each player skips his or her discard phase and does not lose as a result of being unable to draw a card.
Each player cannot play more than one spell each turn.
If Mine, Mine, Mine! leaves play, each player shuffles his or her hand and graveyard into his or her library.

Combined with the assault it should be game :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
I agree with Spidey in that this deck just screams for a splash of white for Sterling Grove. However, here's some other ideas:

1) Include the Ravnica "karoo" lands. While they're in play, they're like having 2 lands and when you play them, you can bounce your basics for Assault fodder.
2) Include blue for Drift of Phantasms. Money-wise, it's the cheapest tutor I can think of for Seismic Assault. The obvious downside is that it requires a pretty heavy commitment to blue, where your deck is already heavily committed to both green and red. You'd need a way to generate a ton of mana of a single color (Wirewood Channeler?), but by playing blue, you'd also have access to Trade Routes, which can be a very helpful finisher w/ Seismic Assault.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Cartographer is nice, but Harvest Wurm is cheaper and bigger. Only downside is that you HAVE to return a land. Groundskeepers are the best choice.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

What about Land Tax? Nothing wrong with fetching 6 damage each turn, right?

Though obviously this requires the addition of white mana...