Random irritation I get for reading mtgcom.

H

Hetemti

Quotage:
Most Type 1 players call for the legalizing of Portal because of one card in particular, the green common Jungle Lion, which many claim is just the card Stompy (mono-green beatdown) needs to be truly competitive. The problem is that the rules team can't just say "Jungle Lion is legal in Type 1." If Portal is to be legalized, all three sets must be legalized, which would entail writing Oracle wordings for all the cards (some of which are quite awkward under "real" rules), and assigning creature types to a bunch of monsters. While not an impossible task, it would require a bit of time.

-=-

Would it really kill them to just reprint the dang card outright? They've seen little problem with rehashing old cards so far. And they could easily do it in a way that'd get the seal of approval:

MaRo's Kitty Kat G
Creature — Cat (R)
MaRo's Kitty Kat can't block.
"Hello, MaRo's Kitty! Did you know I wrote for Roseanne?" — MaRo
2/1

Of course, the text above doesn't look like a Macintosh/XP GUI so it's not ready for print...but still, MaRo loves himself and routinely prints broken cards if they pleasure him; and by making it a rare, they're sure to sell lots and lots of cases of the ex-rain-forest material that makes up the other 99.94% of the overall print run.

N

Notepad

I myself have always wanted to use Jungle Lion legally. The kitties practically beg for war, but I must stuff the lid shut on the box labeled: "n00b 5uX0rZ" along with the res tof the Portal.

Then again, Horsemanship would be awesome to have legal. It'd turn the environment on its ear faster than any Shadow creatures. Plus, that earthquake that says "Does X damage to all creatures without horsemanship" would make red the new elite d00d on the block.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You never know, Jungle Lion might get reprinted in the future. Other Portal cards have, correct?

T

train

yes... other portals have been reprinted... but they're missing the point at WOTC... the need to reprint Unglued cards in the standard sets...;)

N

Nightstalkers

we could of course kill at tourneys... just see what we could do!

T

train

I just looked at this thread's name again and a random irritation i get... well...

is the fact that "hot shot joe", we'll call him, wants to play everyone, and belittle them, but when I show up, doesn't care to play me...

Granted I'd probably smoke 'im... (he knows what the deck can do and has told others he could beat it easily...)...

But let your deck and mad skills do the talking for you and not your arse!!...

just 'cause I'm the new boy in town doesn't mean I'm here to ruin the party... it just guarantees it...

(man I have an ego, wife agrees,... but I'll play anyone, anywhere*, almost anytime...)

N

Nightstalkers

well if you really want a game we'll play you Train... Junk diver or Chaos dice???

and they don't even help you with anything!!! just a load of babble!!!!

wait... that is what we do here. well goes to show you can't have everything.

I

Istanbul

Reroll cards should not be reprinted, because there are no cards outside of Unglued that require rolling dice.

Knight of the Hokey Pokey will never be reprinted for the same reason Chaos Orb is gone forever; it discriminates against the handicapped.

But I could easily see Jungle Lion being printed. A little proviso, though: it'll probably be red. Undercosted creatures with the drawback "~This~ can't block" is a very red thing.

N

Notepad

Did you guys ever duel or what? My money is on the Nightstalkers, because anything from Dakmor is home team!