quick question

A

asadoine

What does the card "The Hive" do ?

What extension does it come from ?

easy to answer for you, old Magic Masters ..

thanks for the info

berto

M

Mr_Pestilence

The Hive is an artifact that costs 4 to cast, and then 4 to generate a 1/1 flying Wasp token.

I don't remember the expansion, but it was either in the original set, Antiquities or Legends.

A

Apollo

its actually 5 to cast and 5 to make a token. It was in 3rd and 4th edition and probably some others.

Apollo

W

Waubers

The hive has been around since Alpha and amazingly at one point was considered a very good card.

Waubers

-I am Bernard

C

ChasDen

Hello All,

"and amazingly at one point was considered a very good card"

It’s still a great defense for those killer flyers, as long as they do not have trample. With all the fast mana now, and tap/un-tap combos, 5 is not that much to pay + it makes a great bait card for artifact killers, clearing the way for those good ones you want to keep on the board.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was pretty good back then because (like everyone seems to remember) games were a lot longer and five mana was no problem and you either had a wasp coming out every turn to hit you or hitting for you. It was aggravating when the only spells were disenchant or shatter and you had to use them sparingly (at the time).

It's probably good in multiplayer too, especially when your opponents don't realize that the beads :) you're amassing are wasps and not lives (which I normally use).

M

mogg bomber

As far as I know, The Hive is still in the base set. I have a fifth edition one, but the only time I've ever used it is for a token producing deck.