Question...

D

DÛke

I don't know where to ask it, so I guess I'll ask it here.

Is there a way to delete our current post count? I understand I could talk to Zadok, for example, and he'll exterminate mine if I want. Any other options?

Is there a way NOT to have a post count for selected users? Suppose I don't want a post count, is there a way - a way that doesn't eat up anyone's time?

Ed, I understand you're one of the main developers of vB...you're the best. :)

G

Gerode

All the newcomers will get confused when they see your name everywhere with "Posts: 2"

I think the post counts are kinda cool.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

What's the point? Is the post count evil or something like that?

G

Gerode

Yes. The post count will destroy your mind. Be wary, and do not look directly at someone's post count or you will suffer permanent brain damage!

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

hmm...if it did give me brain damage, i sure as hell can't tell the difference.

F

fuzzy510

You see TC, the post count had no brain to destroy! So you're safe.

D

Darsh

Yeah why the deletion of the post count? It's not like it's "tempting" you to spam to get more posts anyway.

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i think that he wants to see how long it takes him to get to a given post count. am i right dueky boi?

D

DÛke

...First off, I'd like to tell you somethin' that Darsh taught me:

"WHO cares!?"

Second, why do you assume that someone has to have a reason for a given action? If you want the truth, I have no clue why I wanted my post count reset...but what I DO know is that I had an urge to delete it...why should I question my inner self? I'm sure, somewhere...in me...something had a reason...gave me an impulse...and I acted it out...WHY I acted it out? Don't ask me...because I'm as surprised (or whatever) as you are...

There ya go. :)

"I just never hold back any of my words, feelings, thoughts...and so on..."

D

Darsh

...not ME!!!:)

But when a newbie arrives I can persuade them to listen to me instead of you because I have more posts and somehow I will figure out a way to RULE THE WORLD!!!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

D

DÛke

...Darsh, I don't need my post count to prove my Vogue...all I need is my own imagenation...and that's it! NAH! :D

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

hmm...sort of like i have no idea what the hell retard cutter means, and yet i have it as my nickname. I can relate!

C

Chaos Turtle

My suspicion is that the evil DÛke (the MTGnews.com version of years gone by) has regained control of our beloved member's body and mind.

(And there was much rejoicing, etc.)*

So the evil version wanted the post count reset, since that was the only way we'd know that something had happened, without actually telling us that that's what had happened. Some surreal subliminal surreptitious something-or-other...

Also as a statement of "self," that DÛke, like all great men and women, is not defined by such superficial things.

But that's just a theory. :p

*(since I think people should just be themselves and not try so hard to get along with everyone...)

D

DÛke

...do you guys have a deathwish or somethin' of that nature? Because I could offer it...easily! ;)

Chaos Turtle, stopping unmasking my secrets! :)

D

Darsh

ARE YOU THREATING ME???

And I don't buy your theory CT, I doubt ole Dukey here doesn't have the pateince to think all that stuff up...besides, Duke's always been evil...:D

S

Salacious Crumb

I don't understand why anyone cares\
If i cared about posts, i wouldn't have swiched screen names

Hoipa

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but that's only recently. You've said yourself that for the longest time you DID want to keep your post count and so you didn't switch names for that reason.