Question

E

enchantmentman

if i have a lifeline in play and my thicket elemental dies can i pay the kicker again when it comes back. Also, does lifeline work on multiple creatures.

D

Darsh

The way that I understand it is that you can only pay the kicker cost of a creature when you actually cast it from your hand.

D

Duel

Yeah, sucks.

"I liberate my skizzik to save it! Oh, wait...."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This should really be in the Rules Forum...

I think Kicker is only when you play the spell (inferring from hand) so you can't pay it when you use Sneak either.

R

Ristik

You can ONLY pay kicker when you cast it from your hand or "as though it was in your hand". That would mean from your hand or stuff like Grinning Totem, Word of Command, or Yawgmoth's Will. It does not mean Bribery, Temporal Aperture, or any recursion stuff that doesn't make you actually cast the card. The spell must be actually cast paying the mana cost to be kickable.

D

Duel

how about Yawgmoth's will/agenda. that works, right? because it's as if it were in you're hand.

how about Flash?

R

Ristik

Yes to Agenda and Will. I don't think so for Flash since all X's are 0, and kicker works the same type of way.

G

galtwish

Duel, i would assume that you can play the kicker off a YWill, as you are actually a casting it. With Dream Halls, I doubt it, and with Temporal Aperture (important when considering Searing Winds/Urza's Rage decks), I have no idea. Email some NetReps or something, as I don't know if kicker is completely covered by Oracle yet.

Erik

D

Duel

Temporal aperture makes X=0, and I think kicker works like that. Dream halls does the same, I think.