Question for ya

M

Mordecai

The players at my hometown card shop were working on designing our own set of Magic cards for a special tournament and one of my cards was considered to be overpowered by one of my fellow players and I was wondering if any here shared that sentiment.

Seafaring Changeling, 1G
Creature--Changeling
2/1
U: Seafaring Changeling counts as a Merfolk and gains Islandwalk until end of turn.

This card was part of a whole series of cards in the Changeling line...a few examples...

Changeling Lion, G
Creature--Changeling
1/1
0: Changeling Lion gets +1/+0 until end of turn. Until end of turn, any player may pay U to prevent all combat damage that would be dealt by Changeling Lion this turn. *Use this ability only once per turn.* (oops)

Kodiak Changeling, G
Creature--Changeling
1/1
1: Changeling Lion gets +1/+1 until end of turn. Use this ability only once per turn.

Opinions on any of these, the whole idea, whatever, would be appreciated, but mostly I want some input on the balance of the Seafaring Changeling.

[Edited by Mordecai on October 3rd, 2000 at 02:24 PM]

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
That last one, the green one seems a bit weak. You might want to improve him. The Lion is pretty cool, while the merfolk one, let face it, is an excellent sideboard card.

Ransac, the guru of things that he is able to guru for