Question about the Trading References thread

N

Notepad

He does have a point, I think, in that it sort of would be nice to have one list of folks with a nice little star next to their name.

A consolodated list of all the references here, I think. Of course that means a lot of time for the mods constantly updating this thread when it doesn't totally need to be that way. This way works pretty well.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, some people trade with others so would I make a master list of all the people in this thread and put a star each time they're mentioned? What if I traded with another person who isn't mentioned on any other list but did about 10 trades with him, as opposed to someone else with whom I only did one trade?

I think it gets too complicated... the way I see it, if you're interested in trading with someone, you can look here (which isn't that long and as a matter of fact, is just supposed to be refs so I'll take out extraneous posts) and see if that person has traded with other people.

T

train

Well... i think everyone should trade with me and me only!!!... jk...:p

What I do think should happen is that if there are any purchases, not trades, but purchases, that the CPA got a cut... some small percentage at the least...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean when people buy cards outright from others instead of trading? I'm not sure about that... it might mean the CPA needs to get involved more than it is now and regulate it...

T

train

maybe an honor system donation type thing...

I mean - If I wanted to donate I still haven't an address for which to send moola!...

I

Istanbul

Optional donations - Good.
Required donations - Bad.

In other words...especially considering that most/all of us are wageslaves...charging a 'CPA tax' on purchases would A) be unenforcable, B) drive people away, and C) irritate me for its presumptuousness.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't even think there are enough "purchases" made here to even make it worthwhile... the majority of the threads here are for trade.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by train
maybe an honor system donation type thing...

I mean - If I wanted to donate I still haven't an address for which to send moola!...
Already paid my tribute to the Great Spidery God in the Golden Cobweb....er, I mean I already sent a few things to Spidey. Hey, I hope those slices of cheese I put in as "throwins" didn't mess up the cards in the envelope.

Occurred to me I should have left the plastic wrappers on the slices only after I had dropped the packages off at the post office.

On a serious note: MOTL is free to anybody. Even a goof like me was able to sign up and use it. Really idiot-proof if you ask me. But you probably shouldn't, because then I'd forget. Wait, did I say this was gonna be a serious note? Aw, forget it. Just sign up with MOTL, you yutzes!!!

Edit: Even as idiot-proof as it is, MOTL still succumbs to my dumb-oink powers of stupidity when I mispell its name TWICE in one short paragraph!