PTNY - Go England Boy!

G

Gizmo

I realise this is about as casual as an Armani suit, but for anybody who cares Stewart Walker is in 8th place at PTNY at the end of the first day - just one point off the lead!

Who is Stewart Walker?

Stewart Walker is a UK player of my personal acquaintance and one of the single nicest and most pleasant players you could ever hope to meet and play against. He also beat me out of a PTNY spot by one point of damage with his Trix deck, but I can`t hold it against him because he`s got such a nice smile.

If you`re dropping by to watch the PT unfold, or even following the event coverage then be sure to cheer Stewart on. I know you`ll feel stupid cheering somebody when you are sitting alone in front of a keyboard but it really would mean a lot to me if you made that little extra effort.
You say you will?
Super.
In fact if you`re actually going down to the PT in person today could you track him down for me and tell him that 'Sutty' wishes him luck?

He even got an interview on New Wave:
http://www.newwavegames.com/strategy/articles/apr00/protourny/day1/kiei041400c.html
(now THAT`S a web address and a half - better bookmark that sucker or I`ll get RSI)

T

The Magic Jackal

I've read many articles on the PTNY, and the most shocking stat i saw was that over 40% (I think that the right amount) of the people were playing rebel. WTF is that? I understand how it can be a good deck, but I do not consider it the best at all. I have talked to many of the good players in my area, and they agree with me, It's not that good. There hasn't been a single rebel deck in the T8 in the last couple or tournaments i've been to. Mainly Ponza, Acc Blue, Black control, and a little bit on Tinker/Tinkerfire have been dominating my area. I would appreciate your thoughts Gizmo.

Just as a little sidenote. I went to FNM last night (first time in over 2 months), and most people were playing with blinding angel, it was scary.

Also, While reading the standing for the PTNY, I saw Kyle Rose. That's the first time in awhile. He used to be the most dominating player about a year ago. I remember while watching the world's last year on Espn, the interviewers were asking who the players feared playing most. Survey says-Kyle Rose. Since his win in PTLondon (I think it was london) i haven't heard much from him. I think it's kindof strange, I mean everyone was talking about him, and than all of a sudden he's gone.

G

Gizmo

Wel the fact that PTNY is not a T2 tournament, but Masques Constructed, might help explain why we are not drowning in Wildfire, Bargain, and Treachery.
:)

T

The Magic Jackal

yeah, i just noticed that while reading some articles on Nuetral grounds. While reading, I was wondering why everyone was using Jovall queens, and drake hatchlings. I'm still dissapointed that there were no cowardice decks being played. sorry for the mixup :)

T

The Magic Jackal

yeah, i just noticed that while reading some articles on Nuetral grounds. While reading, I was wondering why everyone was using Jovall queens, and drake hatchlings. I'm still dissapointed that there were no cowardice decks being played. sorry for the mixup :)