Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Price is Too High

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

devldr32

Let me start by apologizing for my last post: I in no way want to defraud anyone, pass my cards off as originals, act like Danny Cheung, or sell fake power 9's for thousands. These cards are FAKES and you CAN tell now because I have placed a line down the right hand side of every card. I apologize for anyone I offended or who felt I was trying to defraud other people. I hope you'll continue to allow me to post here so that I can make a lot fans happy with these great cards.

I want to make some rare cards available at a reasonable price. UNLIMITED BLACK LOTUS, ANCESTRAL RECALL, MOXES, etc. These are no stickers stuck to cards; they'll pass every single test out there: black light, bend, card density, water, etc. BECAUSE THEY ARE ON MAGIC CARD STOCK. The front of each card does not contain the glossy sheen found on almost all magic cards so with thorough inspection these FAKES can be spotted this way as well.

Please contact me for pictures.

Price has averaged about $30 for a single and $25 each for 4 or more cards.

<b>EMAIL: MTGFAN123@YAHOO.COM </b>

I GUARANTEE YOU WILL LOVE THESE CARDS

CARDS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE:

UNLIMITED SET (MINT CONDITION):
Ancestral Recall
Black Lotus
Mox Jet
Mox Pearl
Mox Ruby
Mox Sapphire
Time Twister
Time Walk

Finally by early next week I will be able to make lesser quality versions of any card under the sun, however, these 8 are the best of the best and will most likely remain so.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This sounds reasonable.

Do you want me to unban your other account or do you want to keep this one? If the latter, I can merge the previous account with this one.

N

Nightstalkers

Last proxy I bought was on Ebay: $8 for a black lotus proxy.

O

orgg

This is still fishy with Wizards of the Coast; they have shut down small message boards before due to their harboring of 'proxy sellers.'

Ebay is the only place safe for something such as this, and then it is possible to have your auctions shut down.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
They had an issue with proxy sellers even when it's obvious and known before the sale that the proxy is a fake?

A

Annorax

Spiderman said:
They had an issue with proxy sellers even when it's obvious and known before the sale that the proxy is a fake?
Yes... it's copyright infringement and counterfeiting. They have to protect their intellectual property or risk losing control of it. This kind of offer gets message boards shut down and causes judgments against counterfeit sellers and message board admins. I'd recommend you delete this thread and ban all of its posters' accounts.

EDIT: Five bucks says that's Danny Cheung.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm afraid I still don't understand all the way. Yeah it's counterfeiting, but it's obvious, open acknowledgement that it's counterfeiting, not "regular" counterfeiting where it's trying to pass as the original. It seems it would more be like spoofing or satire or something.

A

Annorax

Spiderman said:
I'm afraid I still don't understand all the way. Yeah it's counterfeiting, but it's obvious, open acknowledgement that it's counterfeiting, not "regular" counterfeiting where it's trying to pass as the original. It seems it would more be like spoofing or satire or something.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, and this must not be construed as legal advice. For proper advice, please consult your attorney. I speak from experience, having been on the wrong end of a Wizards C&D, so I'd hope I have some clue of what's going on here.

There are three points which WotC Legal would stab the OP and this site with.

First, these things can be confused for the real cards. This is usually referred to in layman's terms as counterfeiting, but the legal concept works around the idea that someone looking to buy the real cards could accidentally buy one of these instead, thus costing WotC sales. While we know WotC isn't making a dime off the secondary market, the courts wouldn't see it that way (or care). Counterfeiting consumer goods is a felony, and leaving this solicitation for counterfeited consumer goods is a good way for you, the admin, to be charged as an accomplice to that crime.

Second, WotC owns copyrights on the art and the mana symbols. Card names, text and other card attributes are a grey area that has yet to be hashed out in court, but using copyrighted art and symbols will lead to legal troubles. WotC doesn't like people stealing their stuff and using it for personal gain.

Third, he's selling these things. If there was any satirical or parodical intent, it goes out the window when the cards go on eBay. The First Amendment protects satirical and parodical speech, but this is neither of those. For parody protection to be granted to this, not only would these cards have to be not sold, they'd have to not be reprints at all. Also, I'm not 100% sure, but physical printing may also be out. Good examples of protectable speech would've been my Undone project and the (few good) cards made and posted at MiseTings.

This is a huge legal can of worms, and I know you don't want to open it up.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, regarding the first point, he states that "a line is placed down the right hand side of the card", so barring an actual look to see whether this line is clearly visible or not, there shouldn't be any confusion.

Points Two and Three make more sense and sound reasonable.

I don't think this guy is Danny Cheung as he hasn't continually spammed the other forums with this so I'm not going to ban him, but I'll close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.