Problem with black

A

Hi I've recently made a black deck and it seems to have a Problem. Dealing With Enchantments.
Is there any way black can deal with enchantments other than by dicarding them?

Thanks

S

Shadowfire

Dune you forgot Spectors Wail from MM. 1B and your opponet discards at random. Cool card.

Z

Zadok001

'Fraid not. Black is famous for not being able to deal with enchantments. Your best bet is to negate the effect they create, i.e., if someone plays Worship, kill all their creatures. If they play Energy Field, blow something up. And if they play Light of Day, play Masticore or Tick-Tock Gnomes or Bottle Gnomes or _SOMETHING_. And if they play Delusions of Mediocrity, pray.

[Edited by Zadok001 (12-21-1999 at 12:13 PM).]

I

Ihsans Shade

But then again, if you don't plan on playing in tourneys....Neveraal's Disk never hurt. Infact, this card is well known for giving black a way to deal with enchantments

D

Dune Echo

Enchantments? What enchantments? Unless you're playing against a Replenish type deck, if your opponent, doesn't have a card in hand, then he can't make use of it. If you are playing against Replenish, you don't need disruption, you need Planar Void or Tormod's Crypt.

First we have to examine what type of enviroment you play in.

Casual? Four of any discard seems to be the agreed maximum that everyone goes by, so play Duress, Hymn to Tourach, and Funeral Charm. Play as many as you can get away with without getting banned from your group. Unmask is a good first turn discard too just because you can see what you're opponent has just before he starts TRYING to get it out. In multiplayer, there's a card that makes all your opponent's discard 2 cards, that would mean great card advantage for you.

Otherwise, Duress and Hymn to Tourach are staple Type 1, 1.5 cards. Don't know if Unmask is good there yet or not.

In Extended, Duress, Stupor, Funeral Charm, and Unmask are good discard cards.

In Standard, all you really have is Ravenous Rats, Duress, and Stupor. Otherwise, if you are going to have to go with Zadok's stuff above.

------------------
Dune Echo

... and no, the Waylay ruling and Thawing Glaciers ruling don't have a damn thing in common. A lot more people like me whined in favor of Waylay!