Price of Glory

R

rkoelsch

They posted an infinite mana loop on Wizards boards.
If someone is dumb enough to play this against a White opponent. The white opponent puts out Sacred Ground for infinite mana on their opponents turn. I do plan to get copies of this for SB in my R/W deck against straight U or U/B.

I

Istanbul

Watch out for Karmic Justice, though. Sure, I tap two Islands to counter your spell, and I lose them...but I get to destroy two of YOUR permanents, too.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I guess you'd have to ask how often are people going to put Price of Glory in their decks? Is it going to be popular enough for people to maindeck it a lot?

Otherwise, although Sacred Ground might be a sideboard choice, it may not even be needed against decks that have that color.

It could combo with Dingus Egg though :)

G

Gizmo

You DONATE the Price Of Glory to your opponent, and play Sacred Ground yourself.

I

Istanbul

...which makes it a three-color Extended combo that doesn't win without an X kill card.

No thanks.

M

Mikeymike

Well that X spell needs to be an instant.

Say Wild Research can go get :
Sacred Ground
Price of Glory
Stroke of Genius
Volcanic Geiser

And it can take full advantage of too much mana

Gizmo, looks like you might have just given birth to another stupid Donate deck :D.

R

Rando

Ghitu Fire incase you want to burn them out instead of decking them.

M

Mikeymike

Unfortunately it has to be an instant b/c due to Price of Glory, you can only get inifinite many on your opponent's turn.

Otherwise I'd say rock Kaervek's Torch, instead its Stroke or Volcanic Geyser.

N

NeuroDeus

I thought about Price of Glory / Sacred Ground / Donate, but still too brittle

how about :-

1. Price of Glory 2R
2. Sacred Ground 1W
3. Donate Sacred Ground 2U
4. Ankh of Mishra 2
5. Armageddon 3W + Stone Rains 2U etc.

btw 1-4 correspond to a Dingus Egg :D

R

Rando

Ghitu Fire can be played as an instant if you pay (2) more when you play it. With 900,000 mana, who cares about the extra two?

M

Mikeymike

Sorry bout that Rando, I meant to refer that you couldn't grab it with a Wild Research, which would be an ideal match to the combo in question.

R

Rando

Ahhh...good point.

Karavek's Torch was in Mirage, correct? If so, I would sugest it.

Making it red/white/blue with both the torch and Stroke would be good, (not really), as it gives you 8 kill cards, and the stroke can also be used to dig for the combo.

It all sounds like an awfully late-game kill though. You'd need a lot of control to stay alive until you could pull it off.

Can't say I'd play it...

R

Rando

Well, let's see here...

4 Price of Glory
4 Sacred Ground
4 Donate
4 Stroke
4 Torch
4 Force of Will
4 Wild Research

That's 28, what would fill the other 6 to 8 slots? Searching, obviously, Mystic and Enlightened tutors perhaps? Plain ol' draw?

Guess how many Extended combo decks I've played? Are 4 of each needed?

And what of more counters for protection?

Forgive my ignorance...

...I'm leaving now and putting this to the people that know better.

Ignore me...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Illuminate?

And how about using Treasure Trove instead of Stroke?
Stroke is so cliched, and Treasure Trove isn't exactly a must-counter card.
There would be a loss of flexibility in that Treasure Trove can't be used to kill anyone, and in Extended, it might be too slow.
Oh well.