Posting Rules for this Forum

D

DÛke

...I see what we got what we asked for. Thanks Ed.

Now, for the moderators/editors (Spierman!), why don't you move the "What's your favorite..." topics here? Or that one "How old are you"?
Just a thought.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll have to defer all the joy of searching for the old threads and moving them here to Isty or Zadok or whomever, because I'm leaving pretty soon and won't be back until Monday (not working tomorrow). Although then I'll probably spend most of time catching up from the weekend on here...

I'll see how it is when I get back and if more stuff needs to be done, I'll try and do it.

D

DÛke

Well, someone move them! Zadok? Istanbul? TomB? Orgg? Ed? Anyone? Shoot...

K

K9Archmage

Hmm. This is an interesting predicament. i think i will sit here, twiddle my thumbs, and wait to see how it unfolds.

Hoipa

A

Apollo

Well, I've gone all the way through the history of the general cpa stuff and off-topic forums and sent anything that might me considered up to the top. If no one else does, I'll look through the other forums another time (I've gotta go take a bath and get some sleep). For now, you admins take a look at the ones I've popped up and move any that you think belong to the classic forum.

By the way, what exactly do you guys think should be considered "Classic"? I was thinking, any general question that a New Member might ask. For that reason, I sent up threads about movies and music, which would be debatable. Everyone, give your input so we can decide what goes in here.

Also, to all: this forum is for classic threads, to make it easier for the new member. In my opinion, we should not clutter it up with new threads, or it will serve no purpose because the new member won't be able to find the classic ones. If you want to reply to a thread that is already here, go ahead. But don't start a new thread in this forum.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And I went ahead and moved a bunch of them tonight. I know I didn't get all of them though, so if any of you remember one you think should be here please do like Apollo did and bring them up to the top of their respective forums.

You may notice a bit of duplication here :rolleyes:, so I was thinking maybe we should close some of the duplicates. That way everyone's responses would be on the same threads.

Of course that would make some of them end up being really long...

Hmmm...

D

DÛke

...the time to move these threads, TomB. Your aid is greatly appreciated.

A

Apollo

Thanks, TomB. And I agree that duplicates can be eliminated.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It was actually kind of fun reading through some of the older threads, and seeing stuff written by some of the people who helped make this place, but that have moved on, into the Internet ether...

But Apollo, I didn't mean that I thought about "eliminating" anything. I was only proposing closing some of the dupes so new postings would all go to the same place while preserving the older threads alongside them.

That's what you meant, right?

I wonder if we should move the old "CPA Voting Issue:" threads into here too...

[me]ponders...[/me]

A

Apollo

Yeah, that's what I meant, TomB. If there is more than one thread in use on the same subject, it could get confusing, so duplicates should be closed.

[Edited by Apollo on 11-20-00 at 10:37 PM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Kudos to Apollo for sniffing these out and TomB for moving them! Way to go...

and I agree on how you guys laid out the ground rules here too.

T

Turtlewax Joe

How do you become an important guy on the sight?:confused:
if you don't want every body asking why just pm me.:)

S

Sleepy

but I think using that many looks bad. there's more smilie than content there for example when you count in the sig

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Because it spells out the ground rules for this forum. It seems like a lot of new threads have been started here, and that's not what this place is for.

This is where we moved all the older threads that were getting repeated every couple months, so that this way, instead of starting a new thread whenever an old question comes up, newer members could just add their comments to the existing threads.

Does that make sense? :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Great idea, TomB. I'm glad you searched for this...

I didn't think it was too bad of a problem; just a couple of new threads and I was able to move them quickly. But it's nice to have the Sticky for this :)