Post-Prophesy Decks

D

Daenen

We all know that everyone here has ideas of what their decks are going to look like after Prophesy comes out, so I'm going to give you the opportunity to post them. Here's mine:

3 Avatar of Will
3 Counterspell
4 Miscalculation
1 Denying Wind

3 Greel, Mindraker
2 Mindswords
4 Stupor
4 Duress
4 Unmask
4 Dark Ritual

8 Blue Lands
16 Black Lands

Tell me what you think.

Replenish
Sneak Attack
Dual Nature
Lifeline
Goblin Marshal
Avalanche Riders
Deranged Hermit

You build it like a Replenish deck, using the draw-discard cards, but Lifeline is the kill-card. Dual Nature is in there as kind of an after thought, but if you were to have one in play, with 2 avalanche riders in your graveyard, that's 4 lands blown up per turn. hehehe

Tell me what you think.

Daenen
Champion Eternal

S

Seeker of Truth

Daenen:

Your deck is a prime example of just how unfair these new Avatars are (well, at least the blue and black ones).

The only thing that keeps the Avatars from being completely and irrevocably broken is the fact that they still require 2 colored mana to put into play, so even if you manage to get your opponent's hand to zero, you still need 2 Islands to play your Avatar.

Maybe Parallax Nexus would help? In any case, devoted discard, coupled with the Avatar, could spell quick beatings with a good draw.

D

Daenen

Yeah, I forgot about the Paralax Nexus. That does kinda need to be in here.
But, don't ya just love it?

S

Seeker of Truth

As I said, these Prophecy cards are amazing at first glance.

Of course, we'll still have to see about whether these Avatars' requirements keep them out of tournament-level play.