Possible bugs with the site's new look

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tag Guard

1) When I click a link in the "Latest Replies" box on the main page, the next screen with the article isn't sized to my browser. I'm set at 800x600 and the screen looks like it should be 1024x800 (or whatever the next size up is). I'm basing this on because I have a scroll right bar on the bottom of my screen on that page. Every other page is fine; main, voting, articles, forum, etc.

2) As of 7:40 EST, from the main Message board page, the Battle Board forum says the last reply is 4:10 by Chaos Turtle. However, when I actually go into the forum, the last reply is really by linsvvi at 4:10. Same time, different name. Is this a bug, or is it possible that CT made a reply then deleted it, in which case it changed back to linsivvi.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
1. That's been fixed in the "new version" :) Some weird glitch with a 485 pixel wide table thinking its 900 wide - I have no clue either.

2. No clue - just a random thing probably.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Ed, is there a bad trader's list?

"To make peace with the forest, make peace with me."
-Multani to Urza

A

Apollo

Actually, I've had problems with the "latest post" thing, too.

Apollo

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
And I've found the new look difficult because of the width of the screen. Didn't the text used to "wrap around" and adjust itself to the window size? I dislike having to slide the window from side to side constantly, but if I'm sneaking a peek into the site at work that's exactly what I have to do. Was that a function of the margin thing?

Just curious...

C

Chaos Turtle

I posted a similar complaint under "Testing." My bad. But I'm having the same problem with text not wrapping around.
I have only viewed TomB's article, and only from the 'latest posts' link, so maybe this has something to do with it. I'm using 800x600 by the way.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, it seems to be working OK in the forums now, and it seems to be working on the article of Gizmo's the link you provided, but it's still doing it on my latest article. Maybe it's just an isolated thing, so I'll check a few more of them and try to let you know. Thanks.

[Edited by TomB on May 14th, 2000 at 04:14 AM]

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
It seems to like the old articles work OK (some of them, anyway) but the newer ones are all doing it. Are the forae messed up for you too, CT? They seem to be working OK for me, though the reply window is quite a bit wider than it was. That problem seems to be solved when I go full screen inside my AOL window, which I don't usually do. I'm using 800x600 too, on my home computer, but my unit at work is set at 1024x768, and on that I use IE. There, I'd have to go full screen with the whole browser window, which could get inconvenient if my boss decides to stroll through...

Sigh.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

I don't get it. My computer works fine
and out all of Ed's modifications I have yet
to notice a screw-up.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
it only does it for resolutions 800x600 and less (at least I think it's in fine on 1024x768)

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Ahhhhhh....
I still don't get it. (j/k) :)
BTW: How did you know my computer had a 1024x768?

C

Chaos Turtle

No, the forums* seem fine, except when someone posts a "word" over 80 characters long. :p

*I am not Latin, so there...

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Ed, do you remember when somebody posted a realllly long list of Pi? Could you have split that?
Do numbers count as characters?

Off topic. Do you care if I call you Ed.
Just as a reminder.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Yeah, I could have. Anything counts as a character: X, 1, @, Þ, ¶, ©, and even a space.

No, I don't mind if you call me Ed or Mike. I respond to both :D

L

linsivvi

hey multani, this is a little off topic but who is the bad trader?