Portal Three Kingdoms Multiplayer

L

Landkiller

Has anyone played with Portal Three Kingdoms cards in a multiplayer group?

What about Unglued?

In your experience, do they work?

My group bans ante cards, and Shaharazad. And any Unglued. We're open to anything else. I've never seen Portal 3K cards. So, that's why I'm interested in that.

Aww, Yeah! Multiplayer!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I have the full set of Unglued. And I will gladly accept booster drafts of the set.

Ransac, monkey prison warden

K

krichaiushii

Three Kingdoms is fun. But instead of flying, they have horsemanship. So the question becomes "is horsemanship flying or is it a separate form of evasion"? If the latter is chosen, then the games go quickly indeed.

But I remember a creature that was a living Crusade.

Plus the names are pretty neat.

And in defense of Unglued, what is wrong with it in multiplayer games? Again, any brokenness a card presents is offset by the number of people playing the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I believe is a separate form in evasion. We talked about it for a bit in the Rules forum; do a search there.

Alternately, you could go to a rules site (www.crystalkeep.com is my favorite) and poke around in there.

K

krichaiushii

Spiderman -- I have heard horsemanship argued otherwise. The logic being that Three Kingdoms is based loosely on historical China, and historically speaking, there was no flying about to speak of. As such, horsemanship is Three Kingdoms flying.

But in the end, its up to your group. If everyone has relatively equal access to Three Kingdoms, let horsemanship be a separate form of evasion. If you have the problem we did while stationed in Korea (one guy got them all, at least all in Tongduchon), he becomes impossible to deal with, as unlike shadow creatures, horsemanship creatures can still block most others.

Have fun.

K

krichaiushii

As for playing with Unglued cards, they seem made for multiplayer. I have no qualms with them, but have found that you should mention that you play with Unglued before the game starts, as some people have unbelievable fits with them.

The most useful cards being Goblin Bookies, Goblin Bowling Team, and the Denimwalker minotaur.

Game on!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Unglued cards are fun but should really only be played in an all unglued deck(in my opinion) and i really don't like portal its kinda patronizing don't you think

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
krichaiushii: I'm not sure if you did he search or not but this is D'Angelos' official word on Horsemanship:

A.19 - Horsemanship
A.19.1 - The ability is written as "Horsemanship". [D'Angelo 00/06/05]
A.19.2 - A creature without Horsemanship cannot block a creature which has
Horsemanship. [Three Kingdoms FAQ 00/06/05]
A.19.3 - Horsemanship is a non-cumulative ability. Having Horsemanship more
than once gives no additional effect. See Rule A.1.2. [D'Angelo 00/06/05]
A.19.4 - Horsemanship is a static ability. See Rule A.3. [D'Angelo 00/06/05]
A.19.Ruling.1 - A creature with Horsemanship can block a creature without
Horsemanship. [D'Angelo 00/06/05]
A.19.Ruling.2 - Horsemanship is an evasion ability (see Rule A.13), so it is
cumulative with other evasion abilities. [D'Angelo 00/06/05]
Note - Horsemanship has only been used in the Portal: Three Kingdoms
expansion.
This can be found at http://www.crystalkeep.com. Obviously, since it has only been in Three Kingdoms, you can probably play with it however you want but if it ever is used in a "mainstream" Magic expansion, this is probably how it will interact and be ruled on.

A

arhar

One of my favorite multiplayer cards of all times is from P:3K: Overwhelming Forces.

And for Unglued, don't even start me on this one.

"Oh, player #5 went to the bathroom? What does that mean, chumps? Of course, my Deadhead is back from the dead!"

:)

N

Nyx

Unglued is a great set! One of my friends use chaos confetti in a 5 player game! Two of us had great fun with the Knight of the Hokey Pokey. We even had a wonderful six-player game where my friend played Mine, Mine, Mine and I responded with Eureka! That will probably go down in the history books as the most anti-climactic turn ever, because right after all six of us put things into play we got hit by a tag-teamed wrath of god + armageddon.

My greatest moment was in a 4 player game when Mine, Mine, Mine came down and one guy got hit with two black vises and was still pulling in 30 life points per turn. I poisoned him to death in a single attack. :)

Just saying "Burning Cinder Fury of the Crimson Chaos Fire" is reason enough to play with Unglued. I love unglued, it shoud never be tournament legal, but it's a really fun set!