• No--Only minimal changes.

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No-No changes at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
N

Notepad

Trust me, when I went to gaming days at a store named Shadow Walkers, the place was dominated by Pokemon tourneys. And those tourneys? Aside from me and three other white and hispanic guys, the room was over a dozen asian TEENS! Yes, guys 15 and up! Maybe one or two kids would show up, but the asian teens just ruled that game. And for good reason, the game had things like $100 foil Charizards, which you could get from in-print core sets! :eek: It was insane, but only because of the kids.

Spoiled little pieces of s*** would come in (same is for yugioh) and demand their parents buy when Card X and a box of Set X. The parents would, no matter the cost, because their kids were friggen spoiled. Its a social problem nowadays that kids get away with too much because of lax or overly-rewarding parents. Because of this, crappy cards got huge prices.

I honestly think Scyther was a much better card in metagame than CHarizard (yeah, I played in a few tournaments, and lost, but found out enough about strategy---just never could afford the winning decks and never felt like wasting money on more cards than my own Water/Psychic deck). However, since the stupid little spoiled pieces of s*** had driven up the prices on Charizard, it was worth way more than it needed to be. Hell, Hitmonlee and Hitmochan were much better cards than Charizard. These three cards showed up consistently in winning decks...yet the stupid crappy dragon kept going up in value because stupid people with limited mentalities go crazy for dragons, even if they look like crap in their artwork.

/rant

Sorry about that. Just trying to say the game really wasn't designed for kids. It did have a lot of strategic content, and it was dumbed down, but only mechanically. The game was really made for collectors and speculators, adults who could shell out money to invest in garbage to sell to idiot parents when their spoiled brats cried. This is proved by the horrendous rarities and promos, and almost no semblance of game balance. It is a collector's item first, not a game.

I tend to think the same is true for Yugioh. The one game I played was enough to prove to me it was far worse than Pokemon as far as balance went, and it seems the collector rabies over it are far crazier.

Sad....this is the portal to the ccg world, a ruthless collector market where the brat with the worst parent wins.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I bow to your experience. However, it will be interesting to see the staying power of these collectible card games (including Magic) in the future. I mean, remember when Beanie Babies were the rage in the mid-90's and people were driving up the prices? I get the feeling they've dropped a bit since then (but I could be wrong on this also - probably ;) )

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, beanie babies are about as old as Magic now...

Magic's still here at least. I imagine something will change the game entirely eventually, but at this point there's no telling what that is...

...or is there? ;)

(I really need to stop doing that...)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac puts on a steel boot and tells everybody that just spoke about Pokemon to get in a line so that he may K.I.L.L. them.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Ransac
*Ransac puts on a steel boot and tells everybody that just spoke about Pokemon to get in a line so that he may K.I.L.L. them.*

Ransac, cpa trash man
You're gonna Kiss In Loving Locations all the people who talked about Pokemon? Well, come here big boy. Mah lips is ready for sugah! ;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, let's clear something up right now...

The word "kill" is not an abbreviation. It is a verb or sometimes noun that comes from some Dutch word...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's only listed as a noun in my dictionary, but I did find this...

Notes: To go scuba diving sounds much more desirable than to go self-contained underwater breathing apparatus diving. In talking about such an apparatus, first successfully tested in 1943, it must have seemed much simpler to say scuba, taking the first letter of each word in the phrase and putting them together to form one word. Scuba, like other acronyms, as such words are called, has a vowel at a point that allows it to be pronounced like an English word. The word, first recorded in 1952, has been accepted to the extent that people probably rarely think of it as a collection of initials and furthermore have used it in forming other words, such as scuba-dive. In fact, a verb scuba was first recorded in 1973 and is still in use.

A lot like the word "laser."

The word "kill" is completely different, since it was never an acronym to begin with, but a word that originated in middle Dutch, or so my dictionary says...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But I think that's the whole point, it's a current verb that Ransac is trying to make into an acronym yet be funny :)

N

Notepad

Yeah, so Ransac's use of the word K.I.L.L. must mean it actually means Kiss in Loving Locations. So I'll kiss the guy if it makes him happy. Not like it sounds like a threat or anything. Just one more reason for me to go to the CPA Tournament/Gathering and meet him and talk about Pokemon. ;) :D :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So when I threaten to stab people, it's okay, because I could be talking about "sweetly talking about bunnies"?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sure, if you say you're going to S.T.A.B someone (and put what it means in parens afterwards, like Ransac did)

:rolleyes:

N

Notepad

Besides, who has "little lumpies"? Isn't that called cancer?!? :eek: As if its bad enough people may have cancer, he's threatening to go around and kick them?

Nay. I say it was merely a typo, and he wants to make out with the lovely CPA crew. ;)

N

Notepad

Oh...you mean to say its PENIS HUMOR?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Riiiight. As if anybody has "little lumpies" there, anyway. Testicular cancer, anybody? Or...is it just that Paper Sefro and I are not able to relate to all your girlie men and your "little lumpies"?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by SeFRo
Oh...you mean to say its PENIS HUMOR?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:
I thought all the COK jokes were on that other thread so far...

Anyway, I meant that they might be nonmalignant lumps...

I don't have any myself, but I would assume it's possible... :rolleyes:

N

Notepad

I understand COK...but "little lumpies"??? :confused:

Are there sentient mice as members of the CPA, or something? If not, who here is girlie man enough to possess "little lumpies" aside from the cancer ward people?