• D & D Miniatures

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other: Please list on post.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My favorite miniatures game is Mage Knight, although I guess I haven't played it or any miniatures game for a couple of years now...

N

Nightstalkers

I'd like to try that thar Battletech or whatever it is.

B

BigBlue

Which Army Spidey? Dwarves? :) I always wanted to do a skaven army ages ago... but I didn't have the $ and can't paint to save my life.... so I gave up that idea...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Of course Dwarves... the new rules made them slightly better (I think) with additional stuff for the Rangers and Miners to do.

If I ever had time for a second army, I'd do Skaven or Lizardmen, I think. But yeah, I can't paint either. I just slap something on so they're covered in something :)

D

DarthFerret

I prefer BloodBowl. If you have not heard of it, it is kind of like playing fantasy football, but with D&D style fantasy teams...(elves, orcs, dwarves, humans, etc...)

They had Skaven and Lizard men there too!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have played and like Bloodbowl too. Except I haven't played since the early 90's and I think the rules have undergone at least one change since then (I'm sure nothing major though). It's more fun to have a league though and for some reason, not a lot of people around here (I think) are interested in the commitment of doing that.

Killer Joe

Spiderman said:
I love Warhammer Fantasy, although my guys aren't all painted...
It's funny, some guys I've talked to consider it rude to show up at WH event without your figurines painted.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wouldn't go to a WH event or store without them painted, I'd consider it rude too. I play them just between friends at a house (although the last time I played was about three years ago :( )

N

Nightstalkers

I wouldn't worry too much about painting really. I've seen a guy buy the contents of an army from a store an hour before the tournament, assemble them, and then spraypaint them three different colors to qualify having assembled the army.

From what I could tell he had a good solid concoction going... Even though I didn't understand most of it.

Junkdivers army... lol... bow down before the purple silver and black army of doom! Oh hey, they might be related to pink floyd or something.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I would *like* to paint them so they look nice. I just don't have the time nor the "real skill" (which comes close to just slapping on a couple of different color coats anyways) to do it right :)