Poll: Favorite Guild/Least Favotite Guild

• Thread starter Golgari Thallid
  • Start date
G

Golgari Thallid

What's your favorite guild from the Ravnica block? Your least favorite? Tell all here!

Remember to rate not only on playstyle, but on overall coolness and storyline as well.

Favorites:
Boros-0
Selesnya-0
Dimir-4
Golgari-1
Izzet-1
Simic-0
Gruul-0
Orzhov-1
Azorius-0
Rakdos-2

Least Favorites:
Boros-2
Selesnya-1
Dimir-1
Golgari-0
Izzet-0
Simic-2
Gruul-1
Orzhov-1
Azorius-0
Rakdos-1

My choice: I really like the Dimir because they have a cool name, a cool legend (Szadek) and cool cards. (2 mana for the top ten cards of a deck? Insanity!) Then again, the Selesnyans do use Saprolings, who are my little buddies. But so do the Golgari. But the Izzets are wizards! RAAAAAAARGH! I'm gonna go for Dimir because they have the blue/black combo. Control+Removal=My favorite.

As for least favorite, not even close. The Rakdos just don't agree with me. I LIKE MY HAND! The Orzhov would be my second choice for least favorite.

D

DarthFerret

Favorite: Izzet. Combines my 2 favorite colors, red and blue. And the whole theme of it combo really well with elementals such as skizzik and Blistering Firecat. Throw a couple of earthquakes in there and you got yourself a winner. As for worst set? that is tough, but I will have to vote for the orzhov. I am not much of a white player. In fact my only "white" deck is designed more along the green/black lines, using power and removal instead of healing and protection.

J

jorael

Favorites
Dimir: transmute is my favorite mechanic. Great for casual tutoring.
Golgari: Dredge is very interesting and fits the colors.

Least favorites
Gruul: I actually like G/R and the guild has a few interesting cards, but I've got the feeling it could've been much cooler. I play with Savage Twister regularly and the guildmage is cool, but the guild has a lot of dissapointing cards.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do not know many cards from Ravnica block. Dark Confidant seems pretty ridiculous, though. I wouldn't mind having a couple of those...

Killer Joe

Okay, my absolute favorite is Orzhov and a quick nod to Golgari.

The I really don't like is Selesnya and not so much Simic which is really weird because i LOVE Blue/Green, just not THIS blue/green group.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Favorite: Rakdos. It's really hard for me to vote for this guild, but as far as how the guild was designed to the strengths of it's colors, it works perfectly. Hell-Bent may be the best representative of a mechanic to it's guild.

Least Favorite: Dimir. This guild was my absolute favorite when I came back, but it just doesn't support itself well (in my opinion).

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

Favorite: Rakdos Its just oozing with flavor! And there are quite a few cards that are also great when you are not hellbent. Dimir Transmute is just brilliant.

Least favorite: Boros Too straight forward. And Radiance didn't have any impact on the game. Simic Encourages very slow keeping-mana-open eventually-comboing-out kinda decks.

G

Golgari Thallid

I must say, I'm a bit suprised at the results of this poll so far.

Favorites:
1st: Dimir (I expected this, no suprise here)
2nd: Rakdos (Wow, this is the one that really suprised me. I guess people like playing on the edge)
Tie 3rd: (None here suprised me, except maybe the Orzhov. I was expecting Azorius around here)

Least Favorites:
Tie 1st: (These two suprised me, I thought people loved the Simic and Boros)
Tie 2nd: The Golgari and Izzets are the only ones that aren't least favorite'd, which doesn't suprise me)

J

jorael

The results might be surprising, but this is CPA. With only a few responses, it certainly isn't what 'players think in general' :)

K

KingAlanI

I like Selesnya as #1. I like playing as the 'good guys'...(except for my Mercenary deck. :)), and Selesnya most defnitely seemed like the 'good guy' guild. Selesnya was what i build for my first attempt at a Ravnica deck.)

Second and third choices, Boros and Izzet. I like Izeet by their storyline of 'crafty inventors, mad scientist almost', and Boros because I've been impressed by good Boros decks that I've seen other people use, not to mention the fact that they're a great representation of raw power without compleyely being on the 'evil' side of things. Not to mention that I've always rather liked Soldiers.