Poll #2 for MtOA Ep 1.

What Deck Format shall we play?

• Type 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Type 1.5 (type 1 with restricted = banned)

• Extended

• Standard

• Block (meaning another poll)

• Limited (meaning another poll)

• Tribal (all cards must share a creature type)

• Other (what, I missed one?)

• 2-Headed Giant

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

BigBlue

I know I said Monday, but since everyone seems to have voted already....

It will be A free for all affair.

What is left to decide is the Deck Format.

Also, I need everyone who's playing to PM me a number between 1 and 100 (I have a number in mind, and whomever gets closest goes first, then second...) This can come whenever, no rush.

It will be play and draw first (the way MP is meant to be played.

I guess one game I forgot to include (how silly of me since it is what I play all the time ) was 2-Headed Giant... Oh well, maybe next time...

Well, on to the poll... Also, it is multiple choice intentionally, you can vote for multiple types.

And there is still room if someone else wishes to join this free-for-all.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I added 2-Headed Giant for you.

Again, I don't really care... although it slightly depends if we do this more times. 'Cause if we don't, maybe Limited or Tribes would be good for the first time.

R

rkoelsch

I voted for Tribal and I didn't realize it was multiple choice.
I also vote for 1.5

B

BigBlue

I voted 1.5 for you then... hopefully no one **fixed** or reset your vote for you, if they did, I'll take my vote out of consideration...

Also, I meant 2-H giant to be in the earlier vote... it isn't really a deck restriction, and we have 5 players, so we'd need another to make 3 giants...

B

BigBlue

It looks to me like Tribal 1.5 if you want to get your decks started.

(Though the 1.5 really doesn't matter much with Tribal).

Are we using the Tribal Rules of the contest?

90 Cards ...?

When I think of tribal decks, every card must be tribal with no restrictions on non-basic lands (other than max 4 of each type)...

But that's maybe not what you guys think of...

Like my Cleric deck in the deck forum would not be considered tribal to me, due to cards like retribution of the meek.

If I'm reading the Tribal vote wrong let me know, but 3 out of 5 say tribes...

Here's what I propose as deck restrictions. 3 nays to this tells me I'm nuts and we'll start over...

60 Card 1.5 (meaning type 1 with all restricted cards banned instead)

Additionally, 30 of the cards must be tribal (either a creature of your tribe, or containing your tribe in it's rules text)

Additionally you may not play color hosers or tribe hosers (Tivdar's crusade) Protection from X is not a color hoser. (even if X is a creature type).

Does this sound reasonable?

B

BigBlue

Oh yeah, and the other cards in the tribal hoser's repotoire are banned too...

Stuff like Extinction, Urza's Incubator (Not a hoser, but we don't need 'em)... You can find a more complete listing in the other thread, but if you have to think twice about whether a card is legit or not, it probably isn't. (see Wash Out)

R

rkoelsch

No Incubator's that leaves out my angel deck. I need that to pump them out. I might try a soldier deck instead. My guess is that my deck will probably be primarily white.

B

BigBlue

It probably rules out Dragon decks too...

Which is my **Angel** deck. Though now I have the cleric deck too...

It is really fun to cast a couple 2 H dragons with 4 lands though...

T

train

I'm not planning on an elf deck - but can someone else make an elf deck if one already exists?...

B

BigBlue

If I were to vote on that issue, I'd say no. Wellwisher is bad enough with one elf deck, with 2, it's nuts.

But that isn't completely up to me.

Also, I'm not sure I made it clear, but all creatures must be of the tribe (or have an effect on their tribe, so lords are acceptable e.g. Atlantis, Goblin King, Eladmari, ...)

T

train

What about tribal artifacts or lands???...

Nature's Revolt or Karn etc...

T

theorgg

Would the Elvish "beast lord" count that gives you cards per beast?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Your rules are fine, BigBlue, whatever you want them to be ;)

When did you say this is going to start? I won't be able to put in a deck until next week the earliest...

B

BigBlue

Orgg - Would be fine in either a beast or Elf deck.

Oops, I forgot to add, Elvish Farmer would be OK in an elf or thallid deck, hermit would be ok in a squirrel or elf deck... in case anyone was wondering.

Spidey - I said January, Basically when I get all the decks. There will be notification if someone's lagging down everyone...

Also, when making your move, make as much as you can without interuption. So lay your land, tap it and cast an elf is reccomended, since you can't be interupted (as far as playing a land, tapping it, and playing an elf). And if that ends your turn, ie you have nothing else going on yet end it.

I hesitate to disallow counters, yet their inclusion can cause some real timing issues. I'd hate to say we **had** to allow 24 hrs for each play in order to give a CS a chance. I'd like to keep the game flowing as much as possible. If you are playing a CS, and intend to counter something, PM me with your intentions. I could then delay the next draw until you get your opportunity. Man is this getting complicated... I'm sure it won't be that bad, being tribal will contain most of those things. Though an Icy Manipulator will certainly cause delays...

T

train

I'm cool with the rules... I'm going to check the banned lists now and begin construction of a tribal 1.5(restricted=banned)deck...

Just making sure:

Is this the tribal highlander version where only tribal cards can have more than one copy??...

B

BigBlue

Train - No, you may play up to 4 of any legal card. Of course you may include as many basic lands as you'd like or need.

J

Jigglypuff

Pardon me if you have already covered this, but how are you going to handle responses? I know you disallowed counterspells but what if I want to set up a regeneration shield or something like that? And have we decided on a format yet?

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

We can handle it one of three ways: you can check in frequently and do it yourself, you can inform me if you wish me to do it for you as a standard practice (unless you tell me otherwise)., or you can do both, you check in and have me as a backup in case you see it first.

Logistically, this may turn out to be a nightmare, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I think patience will be key, as we wait for turns and responses.

If your play requires the other person to pass or do something (like say you shock their river boa) then you'll have to wait and see. The period of time you have to wait is at most 24 hours (not counting weekends or holidays.), though I'd like it to be shorter. And of course a person can say pass sooner if they can't regenerate or whatnot. Now, if someone else want's to help them, they need to get thier help in before the target makes a choice. If all the players are online the same times, then it will be easier. The real issues will come when no one is here.

But if you PM me to regenerate when possible, or if a certain scenario occurs, I'll do it for you if I catch it before you do.

This will either be a collosal failure, or it will be great fun. I'm holding out hope for the latter. Even if I don't have **nice** software to do it for me. I think I'll be building proxy decks and doing a bit more work, but it'll be worth it.

T

train

Helpful suggestion...
;)

Maybe a sticky-ed thread to show the table and permanents would be a good idea... this could be modified by well... a moderator or yourself... that way everyone can see everything at once...;)

Just hit me when I was thinking about all this...:)