PM'ing

F

FoundationOfRancor

I cant read my PM's unless they have a heading!? Am I just a fool or do all PM's need a heading to be read?

W

Whimsical

Actually ... I kinda pinpointed the PM problem.

I have a tendency to use <insert facial description/action> in my messages ... every once in a while, I use them as headings. Apparently, the system reads the <> as blanks and submits the PM ... but leaves the heading field utterly blank, thus rendering the PM absolutely unreadable.

It's all my fault ... <sob, sob>

Z

Zadok001

Woah, that's a cool trick... :) I just like how the Subject box says 'Optional' next to it. Yeah, real optional... If you don't fill it in, it sends you back to square one! :) (That one's not a big deal, though.)

P

Purple_jester

How about asterisks for the heading facial expression/action? They seem to work just fine. :)

The 'Optional' thing is very ironic. This isn't really much of a setback, you know. If you can't think of a PM heading, then just put "Hey,(insert name)". That's not so hard. But I myself happen to like PM's with headings. They tell me that the person who sent them was thoughtful enough to think of a heading.