Plot Synopsis - Planeshift Novel

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

hey! there are exceptions, phyrexian scuta, lord of the undead, diabolic intent, and some others i can't think of right now

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i could see that, being that he is a better zombie master than the zombie master.....Lim Dul eat your heart out

C

Cateran Emperor

Let's break it all down for those just joining us

Territory

Phyrexia wastes Benalia - P 1, D 0

Dominaria holds Yavimaya - P 1, D 1

Dominaria holds Llanowar - P 1, D 2

Phyrexia takes Urborg round 1 - P 2, D 2

Teferi takes Zhalfir out of time - P 2, D 2

Teferi takes Shiv out of time - P 2, D 2

Dominaria holds Koilos round 1 - P 2, D 3

-End of part 1 - Invasion, Phyrexia 2, Dominaria 3-

Phyrexia retakes Koilos - P 3, D 3

Dominaria holds Keld - P 3, D 4

Phyrexia holds Urborg round 2 - P 4, D 4

Dominaria destroys Phyrexia LV 1 - P 4, D 5

Dominaria destroys Phyrexia LV 2 - P 4, D 6

Dominaria destroys Phyrexia LV 3 - P 4, D 7

Dominaria destroys Phyrexia LV 4 - P 4, D 8

Dominaria destroys Phyrexia LV 5 - P 4, D 9

-End of part 2 - Planeshift, Phyrexia 4, Dominaria 9-

Now, let's see how the running tally of characters is going:

Gerrard - Surrenders to Yawgie Bear, P +2
Hanna - Still dead, P +1
Squee - Kind of dead, P +1
Urza - Property of Yawgie Bear, P +4
Barrin - Sacrifices self to destroy an entire Phyrexian army, 0
Orim - Alive and well, D +1
Sisay - Also fine, D +2
Tahngarth - Worth his weight in explosives, D +2
Karn - He's still doing his engineering stuff, D +2
Multani - Still making WL invincible, D +2
Mirri - Dead since Exodus, P +1
Rayne - Dead since Prophecy, P +1
Eladamri - He's quite the politician, brings Keld into fight, D +2
Lin Sivvi - Alive and well, weird dream sequence where she and Eladamri get it on (kind of), D +1
Oracle en-Vec - ???, 0
Greven il-Vec - Tahngarth had a jolly good time with him, D +2
Predator - Erm, boom..., D +1
Ertai - Evil and loving it, P +1
Crovax - Worse than ever, P +3
Volrath - Flowstone food, D +2
Starke - Also done, 0
Takara - ???, 0
Freyalise - ???, 0
Windgrace - ???, 0
Levar - ???, 0
Guff - ???, 0
Szat - Dead, D +3
Taysir - Dead, P +3
Daria - Dead, P +3
Kristina - Dead, P +3

Our score so far:
Phyrexia 27, Dominaria 29

Stay tuned for Apocalypse, only 4 months away!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

wouldn't szat being dead be bonus for phyrexia, since he was one of the nine titans, and Ertai should be more points since he is pretty strong, and should be the true evincar(according to Belbe) oh and takara is also dead, killed by the phyrexian plagues

T

The Magic Jackal

What happened to Yavimaya and llanowar? Weren't they preparing for the invasion and doing a much better job than urza? Green has gotten much better treatment in the novels than it has in the set.

Originally posted by Spiderman
this better not end up like SO many other stories where they time travel back to the point before the widespread death and destruction happen and make it so it doesn't (change the future, in other words). That would be SO cliche'd.... :rolleyes:
I think you nailed in on the head spidey. Think about it. Who can travel in time? Karn, that's what he was made for. Who says he knows how to save dominaria? Karn, that's what he said. What can we conclude?

Hmmmm, time-traveling golem says he can save dominaria, but how? Wow, let me think. I'd guess that Teferi finds a way to send him back in time. Of course, that would screw everything up- If yagmoth dies in thran time, urza never becomes planeswalker. If urza never becomes planeswalker, teferi doesn't. Would teferi buy it?

C

Cateran Emperor

Szat was a Titan, but he was also a traitor. He killed Daria and Kristina. Ertai, despite what his many fans think, isn't much more than a bit player.

Oh and thanks for mentioning Takara, that'd be P +1, bringing the total to a nail-biting:

Dominaria 29, Phyrexia 28...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Yeah, granted i am an Ertai fan, but still he is the true evincar

E

Elrond

Squee never got a spinal graft, he just came back to life after getting killed. He then attacks Ertai and gets killed again, after which he comes back to life yet again. That's when Crovax says that he thinks they fixed him too well, they were using him as a ploy to get Gerrard saying that they could bring him back to life, and that maybe Yawgmoth gave him a toy he could kill a thousand times a day, he then kills Squee yet again.

I really love the book, and am really glad that J. Robert King is writing the next one too.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I think Jackal and Spiderman are right on, even though I hate it.

P

Purple_jester

Spidey and Jackal simply misunderstood. Just because he has time powers doesn't mean that he'll go time travelling. I mean, duh. They should have done that the first time around without going through this nonsense.

You know what I think? I believe that Karn is in actuality an impossibly potent time-space implosive doomsday device. See? He goes into Phyrexia, then detonates himself.

BOOM!

Urza, Gerrard, Yawgmoth, Squee and everyone else in Phyrexia dies, compacted to an infinitesimally tiny point of matter smaller than a quark.

That's that. I'm happy. Everybody's happy. We get a new story with entirely new characters. Halelluiah!!! ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't making a firm guess as to what happens, I was just saying that of al the possible scenarios I hoped going back in time to fix everything wouldn't be it, 'cause that be be major cheese. 'Cause from what I gathered on this thread everything is pretty much destroyed and one of the time-honored :))) ways to fix stuff like this in the comics and books is to hokey around with time. But I really don't know what's going to happen because I don't read the books or anything.

N

Nifallor Ruler of Kairon

Is that King is running through all the forums, looking for a interesting ending, OR for the endings he CAN't use, because people expected them.