Please help - Need suggestions

C

ChasDen

In the spirit of offering solutions instead of just bitching, I am working on a form that we can all fill out that will gather the responses, organize them into each category and rank the replies by the responses submitted. Sort of like a polling booth or voting booth except if compiles the results in a flat file and tallies them offline. What I would like now is for all of us to come up with a list of questions we feel are important or should be asked. I have come up with the following so far: (unless otherwise stated, each question will have a check box next to the selected reply the user chooses)

How did you here about the CPA:
1) A friend suggested the CPA
2) I saw your ad on another site
3) I found you through a search engine
4) Other: Please explain (User types reply)

The CPA website is:
1) Very easy to navigate
2) Somewhat easy to navigate
3) Very difficult to navigate
4) So hard I gave up and never came back

What type Article would you be interested in reading:
1) Deck construction
2) Rules/Play Discussions
3) Offbeat general Magic topics
4) Tournament play and tourney players
5) I don’t care I will not read them

I log on to the CPA site:
1) less than once a week
2) 2-3 times a week
3) Every day
4) More than once a day

I find the CPA message boards:
1) Very easy to use
2) Easy to use but sometimes have trouble
3) Too much trouble, I often give up
4) Never use the message boards

Do you believe in the CPA mission statement?
1) Yes
2) No
3) What mission statement?

List 3 features you would like to see added to the CPA site:
3 blank box’s for suggestions the reader could type own response.

That’s where I am so far. I would like to see your suggestions and opinions for the week of 4/16 – 4/21. After then I will tally the results and post a link for everyone to fill out the form. I will not ask for names, usernames or log the responses. I think being anonymous will net true responses. I also think it would be cool to send out an official email to all registered members with a nice intro and a link to the form. If someone stopped in and does not come back it may offer us some insight as to why.

Let me know, and thanks for taking the time to read.

A

arhar

Great idea, very well-thought out. I just wanted to point something out:

The CPA website is:
1) Very easy to navigate
2) Somewhat easy to navigate
3) Very difficult to navigate
4) So hard I gave up and never came back

#4 is kinda illogical - if the person is reading this, he or she DID come back ;)

C

ChasDen

Thanks Arhar, after I posted it I was going to add a little clarification or note about that one. I added that one for the “Email” version. If someone did not come back and that was why, they could check it. Just a thought.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent thought. Excellent idea too. :)

Another question or 4...

How often do you play Magic?

1.) Daily
2.) More than once a week
3.) More than 1/month
4.) More than 1/year
5.) What's Magic?

How often do you play in tournaments?

1.) Once or more a week
2.) Once or more a month
3.) Once or more a year
4.) Haven't been to a tourney for a while
5.) Have never been to a tournament

How old are you?

1.) Younger than 20 years old
2.) 20 - 30 years old
3.) 30 - 40 years old
4.) 40 - 50 years old
5.) 50+ years old

Do you play any other CCG's besides Magic?

1.) Yes
2.) No

That's just a few off the top of my head. I hope that helps.

TomB
CPA Member

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I have a funny feeling about the second question of ChasDen's (navigation question). It sounds sort of... ambiguous or subjective. I mean, What determines if it's hard or easy? *I*'d have a hard time answering that one.

Maybe another question:

What do you like about the Website?

Open answer or

1) People are friendly
2) Good topics in forums (or something...)
3) Like it all!
4) Like it but needs work on <fill in blank>
5) We hates it, my precioussssss....

C

ChasDen

I think the answer to 2 (for me any ways) is – Very easy to navigate. The only thing I really don’t like is the way the board list the articles. If there was a better way to list the articles, perhaps more people would read them. Other than that I find it very easy, but since you did not know how to answer it - maybe its not such a bad question after all :)
Thanks for the help.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'd list this site as "very easy to navigate" too but I was just saying that the question itself is hard to quantify. I mean, if someone checks "very easy" and "somewhat easy", you don't have to do a thing because they're already satisfied but if someone checks the other two it'd be helpful to know exactly WHAT makes it hard for them (unless that falls under "list 3 things" at the end).

Basically it's like asking people if they like a certain book or movie and if they should read/see it. Their opinions on why they like/hate it might be the exact reasons why you would hate/like it.

I don't know, perhaps the question is fine the way it is. Or you could rephrase like "Do you like the layout of the site. If no, why?" or "Is the article section easy to find/reach? Is the forum section easy to find/reach?". Something like that, I guess.