Playstation 3

M

mythosx

Hey guys I work at SCEA. Word of warning, if you want a PS3 you will need to camp out. If you are going to camp out make sure you have mase. I been hearing horror stories all day. Happy Hunting.

D

DarthFerret

They released it last night at Midnight. I had a friend standing in line to get it. He was 3rd in line. He is selling it on Ebay in a few days.

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Eh... me and a friend got in line and he didn't want one... so I gave him the money to buy one

Now I have two that I can't put on ebay because it keeps giving me a popup saying that due to flooding I have to wait to sell them.

M

mythosx

Nightstalkers said:
Eh... me and a friend got in line and he didn't want one... so I gave him the money to buy one

Now I have two that I can't put on ebay because it keeps giving me a popup saying that due to flooding I have to wait to sell them.

I am going to rant here. READ THE DAMN MANUALS PEOPLE!!!

Hey you have one extra? which model is it? I cant even get one since im stuck at work :( :mad:

N

Nightstalkers

We both got 60 Gb ones. Street sold one already for $4,000 and now considering whether or not to just bust open the other one or sell it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All I gots to say is: crazy, crazy, crazy (both for people waiting in line for them and people buying them at insane prices on the web)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman said:
All I gots to say is: crazy, crazy, crazy (both for people waiting in line for them and people buying them at insane prices on the web)
QFT. Some people need to learn to be patient. I thought the retail price of $650 was insane. A 600% markup is ludicrous. Just wait a month or two, when all the hype dies down, and you'll save yourself a lot of money and headaches. Not to mention, there will be a significantly higher number of games available later on. At this point in time, I'd rather have a PS2 than a PS3.

Tag Guard

M

mythosx

I think it has to do with the fact that some of us are not fathers. but when you promise your kid a ps3 and you aren't a dead beat. You'd probably shell out that much too...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
mythosx said:
I think it has to do with the fact that some of us are not fathers. but when you promise your kid a ps3 and you aren't a dead beat. You'd probably shell out that much too...
$4000 for a game????? What the heck are you teaching your children?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Or even $599 for a game... I'd say buy your own or wait until the price comes down... they're gonna be out there, no need to be the first to buy....

turgy22

Nothing Special
mythosx said:
I'm not a father, but I know a couple guys on here are. Personally, I doubt I'd promise my kid a PS3 in the first place. Patience is a virtue that I think my parents taught me pretty well. They didn't buy my sister and I an NES until the system was over a year old and Sega Genesis had knocked it off the top spot. Before that, I had to rely on my old TI-99 or play Atari at a friend's house.

Too many parents spoil their kids these days. You can save so much money by just waiting a little bit longer.

Tag Guard

M

mythosx

hey what can i say. people promise stupid things....when I have kids. I a only promising a stick and hoop. good old stick and hoop...lookit that hoop go!

E

EricBess

mythosx said:
Speaking as a father...That would be a dumb promise in the first place, knowing how those things always happen. But even if you had promised, kids need to learn that things in life don't always turn out the way you expect them to.

Kids have a strange concept that if you say something well intentioned and aren't able to follow through, then you are a "liar" and they need to learn that some things are just out of your control. Anyone willing to spend that much extra "to keep a promise" isn't being a great parent.

A couple of observations, however...

- The "deadbeats" are the ones that are probably more likely to spend the money. Most deadbeat dads don't want to pay child support, but they do want their kids to love them. If they don't see their kids very often, they feel they can buy the love with gifts. No wonder so many of the moms get so frustrated in these situations.

- Who are we kidding. If it's still a family, the fathers are forking over the money for themselves, not the kids. "But I promised junior" is just an excuse because they don't want to wait, either.

- Being involved in the entertainment industry and specifically with a product targetted at the younger age group (Yu-Gi-Oh!), I can say that there are definitely a lot of spoiled kids out there, in part because of the previous two points.

M

mythosx

yeah...

hey but seriously no parents want to break their kids hearts...tickle me elmos retailed 10 years ago at 40 dollars and easily hit several hundred. and still can be sold on ebay 10 years later around christmas time for 140....