Play Magic?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well my wife says that it's a bit....... oh wait are you talking about the game? :D

In multi-player games..... and not as a judge or organizer.....

Live or on the board are fine......

Wait, am I supposed to say, "WITH YOU KJ"? ;)

D

DarthFerret

Generally, prefer to play casually, without worrying if a deck is "tourney leagal". I prefer large free for all games, however, I have had the hankerin' (I am in Texas, I can use that word) for a 3 on 3 Generals game. With the limited number of players in my area (read as none, since the only one that played just moved away), I was pretty much stuck to the duel.

As for the deck, I generally go for some kind of theme (ie: Tribal or recursion, etc...). Of course I always have to try and "wow" a new opponent with my Enchantment Deck (See the article I wrote a long time ago for the deck list).

Is this what you were asking for, or did I go way too far overboard again?

R

Rakarth

In massive 8 way multiplayer free-for-alls from about 7 o'clock at night till maybe 5-6 the next morning, finishing just in time to get a bit of sleep before uni :D

M

Modus Pwnens

While casual is great fun, I think it's the best to play a tournament, know that you have to win five rounds in a row to ID into the top 8 of a PTQ, then do just that, for me that's better than winning the three hour multiplayer game because you talked the guy to your right into attacking the girl to your left instead of you, although I'll admit that's great as well :)

R

Rakarth

I do like tournaments, the idea that everyone is actually playing to win. There's no excuses and no politics but casual play is just so much more entertaining for me.

It's the casual gathering that's important for me, the banter that you get takes up more time than actually playing but it doesn't matter :) and it doesn't matter who wins in the end, no one remembers unless you managed it in the most epic way possible :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<shrug> I just like to play, whether Constructed or a format decided by the players or whatever... haven't been to many tourneys (just the pre-releases and even then, the last was Mirrodin), but don't mind them either.