Planeswalkers and vangaurd

M

mythosx

As more and more Planeswalkers come out, I am wondering if there is a way to do some sort of vangaurdlike format with the planeswalker cards? Do we do vangaurd leagues in our forums?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not that I know of. Although a Planeswalker game may be fun. Maybe that's what Shabbaman could use for the next build a deck....

R

rokapoke

I don't understand Planeswalkers. Can someone summarize the way they work for me?

M

mythosx

Feel free to correct me, but in a normal game, You may summon a planeswalker ally to help you. You pay the mana cost and the planeswalker comes into play with number of counters equal to the number in the bottom right hand corner. If a planeswalker has no counters left on it, it leaves play. Attacking players can choose to attack the planeswalker or the player. The defender may defend against either with his/her creatures. Planeswalkers may use only one of their abilities once a turn. I think that sums it up.

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Mooseman said:
Not that I know of. Although a Planeswalker game may be fun. Maybe that's what Shabbaman could use for the next build a deck....
That's a definite possibility, but I think the planeswalkers are kind of boring: you can just stick them in a deck of the appropriate colors. They don't scream "build around me!". But then again, why not...