Plains-Go *New and Improved*

M

Mordecai

Here is a deck I have been playing for a while now, but I just gave it what I believe is an upgrade. Let me know what you think.

Plains-Go (Extended)

4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Disenchant
2 Aura of Silence
2 Wrath of God

3 Disrupt
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will
3 Thieving Magpie
1 Morphling

4 Duress

2 Dust Bowl
4 Quicksand
3 Island
2 Adarkar Wastes/Thalakos Lowlands/Land Cap (which??)
4 Tundra
4 Underground Sea
4 Scrubland
3 Faerie Conclave
3 Forbidding Watchtower

Sideboard:
3 Annul
3 Chill
3 Honorable Passage
3 Light of Day
3 Perish

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

Love that sig line dude.

Since you're using Thieving Magpie, would Forbid be any good in your deck?

M

Mordecai

That might be doable. I'd have to do a lot of thinking as to what to remove. It was hard enough looking for room for Duress.

The problem with Forbid, however, is its loss of a card. I don't think that, unless the game is already in hand, my deck can afford the loss of a card. Forbid would tend to be a "I win MORE" card. It'd only be really good if I was already winning.

This as opposed to Disrupt, which is EXTREMELY good (but situational). It'll win counterwars like nothing else will and gets you a card. It's also fun to Disrupt a turn-one Duress, for a net loss of zero cards...but it's situational. I'll try removing the Disrupts for Forbids and see how it goes.

btw, you're right about the signature. Richard III rules! I've read the play twice, I've seen two different movie versions. If anyone out there is unfamiliar with this play, it comes HIGHLY recommended. You haven't seen sinister until you've seen the Duke of Gloucester in action.

A

arhar

God I would HATE to play against this deck!!!
:)
My friend Bob once had a deck similar to this one, but he didn't have ANY creatures in there... his only kill method was... Feldon's Cane. Yes, he would win by decking an opponent.

This happened in a tournament once:

Opponent: I gain infinite life!!! CONCEDE, Scrub!!!
Bob: Infinite life? Good for you.

15426 turns later.....

Opponent: Err.. I concede :)

Overall, nice deck, Mordecai. Only don't play ME with it ;)

[Edited by arhar on May 12th, 2000 at 01:30 PM]