Pitchstone Wall

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I know I've been starting a lot of threads here recently...

...but this one's a stumper.

Pitchstone Wall
2R
Creature - Wall
2/5
Whenever you discard a card from your hand, you may sacrifice Pitchstone Wall. If you do, return the discarded card from your graveyard to your hand.
Torment uncommon

M

Mikeymike

Works with anything that causes a random self-Discard, like Minotaur Explorer, Gamble, etc.

Since it can only be used once, its very difficult to build an engine around since you need 2 things: something to cause the pitch and something to get him back into play.

However, there are plenty of strong red cards that recquire random discard, and every color has good self discard.

It might also work with Balance, but I don't know if the timing will allow it.

D

Darkstar

Build a small deck... nothing but mountains, pitchstone walls, and ball lightnings. It might work, even though they have the same casting costs. Sure the first three turns your vulnreble, but hey least you can throw eight ball lightnings in one game!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If they don't directly leave your hand they aren't discarded and don't trigger the Wall.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you might be able to get one card back when using Balance (unless you have more than one Wall out) but I'll ask in the Rules section.

I think that if the Wall is one of the creatures being sacrificed to Balance, you're not going to be able to use it since the sacrifices and discarding happens at the same time and thus it won't be in play for it to trigger, but I'll ask that too.