Pick a card, any card

G

Gizmo

Fed up with people whinging about no good articles, so I`ll write my own damn article, if the site gets an overhaul or not.

So what card do you want me to make a deck around?

Make it anything from Odyssey block, please. I`ll see what suggestion I like the look of most.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Gizmo
Fed up with people whinging about no good articles, so I`ll write my own damn article, if the site gets an overhaul or not.
You realize you were one of them (well, maybe not whining, but mentioning there were no good articles).

And you still never answered why the site needed to be overhauled before writing articles in the first place...

Besides, what ever happened to that article that you were collecting all of those deck names for?

I don't know any good Odyssey cards off the top of my head; I'll come back to that one.

R

rkoelsch

Oh wait that would mean you had plains in your deck!!! Oh No!!!

G

Gizmo

Yes I was whining about no good articles. Cos all the articles are totally terrible.

We need an overhaul as part of a total attitude change from members of this board towards actually CHANGING the direction of the site.

The 'article' was going to be a bit more than an article - I was planning on around 30,-40,000 words. Funnily enough my degree got in the way of completing it. The my PC crashed and wiped my hard drive when I was about 8,000 words in.

I never said I was going to change this site on my own - I made it clear I was willing to be a standard bearer but I wouldnt march alone. The everybody took a step back and seemed to say 'well get on with it then'.

Well I`m tired of the crap people put out from this site masquerading as the best their brains and talents can manage, so I AM gonna do it myself.

When I said what I wanted from the site, I listed something like a dozen points that I wanted to see happen as part of turning the site around. Everybody was enthusiastic about them, and yet none of them have occured, I dont feel that should be seen as my fault.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I never expected you to do it alone; a handful of others seemed to be with you. I agree that it's a let down that they haven't followed through either.

My impression of this whole affair is that the admins/Founders are willing to "passively support" the site if the direction is Magic, since a lot of them aren't in it anymore, but the members have to come forth and show that they're in it also. Otherwise, since more of the admins interests seem to be games in general, they would more actively support that direction.

Of course, that's just my impression, no one has said anything directly to that effect :)

C

Captain Caveman

Please feel free to write an artilcle about what ever subject you
would like to cover.

I wrote a few myself but they will never live up to the standard
you are hoping for. Most of my ideas and thoughts are not
going to interest you at all. I can only speak for myself but its
kind of hard for a casual player(me)to come up with some real
"tech." Without a group of tournament players to test against
all of _my_ articles will remain casual in nature.

Some ideas I'd like to see you cover......

1. The solid build of Quiet-Roar.
2. A Solitary Confinment deck. (Type II &/or Extended)
3. How best to use the Brushhopper. (G/W or splashed)
4. Something Rogue(other than CounterBeast)

I look forward to reading whatever you deciede to write about.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still hope you continue writing, Capt. Caveman. I like reading them and I'm sure we have a diverse audience that others do too.

T

theorgg

I'll give a lists of cards that I'm frustrated with in Odd block(rare only, since it's more of a tradition to try to build around bad things.)

Decaying Soil
Gravestorm
Burning Sands
Cantivore
Dogged Hunter
Cephalid Vandal(let's see what YOU can do with it! :) I ate one recently.... Torment doesn't have the bitter flavour that Oddysey does)
Selfless Excrem... Exorcist

These are the most dissappointing cards(to me) in Oddy block.

And the buttons you are waiting for? I'm praying for the money. I only need $100 more!

M

Mikeymike

Here's a list of some interesting cards in Ody block that I have a soft spot for, some of which are very good at getting lots of mocking.

My Favorites
Spirit Cairn
Recoup
Verdant Succession
Puppeteer
Catalyst Stone
Gravestorm
Last Rites

Other cool cards
Telekinetic Bonds
Guiltfeeder
Sutured Ghoul (and Cabal Ritual maybe?)
Genesis (by no means a jank card, I just have not been impressed with what I've seen so far online)
Reborn Hero
Transcendence
Plagarize
Shade's Form
Radiate
Gurgizoist
Wayward Angel
Cultural Exchange
Need for Speed
Still Life