people this stupid shouldn't be allowed to reproduce

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I hope it doesn't go anywhere if it is serious... there's probably a petition to remove the WTC from the Spiderman movie... besides, I always thought they were the Twin Towers, not the Two Towers.

S

sageridder

They did remove the towers from the original spiderman movie trailer.The first trailer showed a helecopter caught in a web between the towers.

A

arhar

It's amazing how stupid the whole concept of political correctness is.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Doesent the lady understand that the books were written at least 4 decades before sept 11 happened? The way she words it, it sounds as if the author just wrote them, or the director decided to stray from the original titles.

[Edit: Check out some of the last 500 signatures -FoR]

T

terzarima

I like:

"My wife gave me a bird, I was offended"

And:

"We should stop using the number two"

Obviously I would suspect most or many of those signatures are jokes.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Wow.
I haven't seen this much intelligence since the AOL Forums. :rolleyes:

Is that Melkor the Melkor from the CPA?

M

MrXarvox

They are serious I think... but about 90% of those signatures were "false signature voided".
In other words, only a small handful of brainless media sheep actually agreed.

Stupid monkeys.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Hey, Arhar, Cliff Yablonski signed it! He's number 1274.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Thallid Ice Cream Man
Hey, Arhar, Cliff Yablonski signed it! He's number 1274.
Awesome! Cliff is my hero and idol! Now I need to do the same, and I urge you all to sign it!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I signed as "JIMY, ag 5." I can't find where I signed it though.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Look at his last comment before the petition was shut down. I think he still doesn't get it!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Where's his last comment?

I think it's more funny that the petition has been shut down for lack of maintenance... :)

S

sageridder

His last comment was #3585

Why are you people getting irate about this petition? There are a few simple facts here: (1) The sequeal was only completed recently. Movie studios dont make movies unless they thing they're make money off them; (2) Mr. Jackson named the sequal "The Two Towers" to capitalize on the 9/11 tragedy. (3) All this ranting about some "JR Tolkein" has nothing to do with the movie--they are only similarly named. If you have something to say to me, say it directly. You know where to e-mail me: slashdotwidener@yahoo.com. Screaming cowards don't even use your real neams.