Peacock's Clues [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oops. I still haven't posted this deck here. Crap. Um, I might just possibly be playing Last Epoch too much.

So, for this one, I've got to be honest with you guys. I promised myself that I'd build a deck with one of the new commanders coming out in Ravnica: Clue Edition. But then I got hooked on the game Last Epoch, so I was devoting all of my non-working, non-sleeping hours to that game. I threw this pile together at the last minute by doing a quick Scryfall search for clue-making cards available in mono-blue and then sifting through all the blue and artifact cards that I had pulled from my collection to use in other decks over the past three years or so, but not the ones that are currently in decks I still have together. I cut the pile from 150 cards down to 67, then threw in a bunch of lands. Arcum's Astrolabe was in the pile at one point, so I used Snow-Covered Islands. But apparently I didn't even keep it in the final list once I got it down to exactly 100 cards. I had no expectation that this deck would even be coherent. But it is a legal EDH deck and it does feature a Clue commander. So I'm calling this a success. Enough talk. Back to grinding the Monolith of Fate.

Commander:
1 Senator Peacock

1 Aether Spellbomb
1 Aetherflux Reservoir
1 Arcane Denial
1 Arcbound Ravager
1 Archaeomancer
1 Arcum's Astrolabe
1 Basalt Monolith
1 Blasting Station
1 Brainstorm
1 Buried Ruin
1 Clown Car
1 Conjurer's Bauble
1 Copy Artifact
1 Counterspell
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Echo of Eons
1 Emry, Lurker of the Loch
1 Etherium Sculptor
1 Extruder
1 Fabled Passage
1 Five Hundred Year Diary
1 Follow the Bodies
1 Force of Will
1 Forensic Gadgeteer
1 Forsaken Monument
1 Foundry Inspector
1 Grim Monolith
1 Grinding Station
1 Hangarback Walker
1 Ichor Wellspring
1 Inventors' Fair
1 Jhoira's Familiar
1 Karn, Scion of Urza
1 Krark-Clan Ironworks
1 Kuldotha Forgemaster
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Mana Drain
1 Mana Vault
1 Memory Jar
1 Mox Opal
1 Myr Battlesphere
1 Myr Retriever
1 Nim Deathmantle
1 Otawara, Soaring City
1 Power Artifact
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Retrofitter Foundry
1 Rhystic Study
1 Sage of Lat-Nam
1 Salvaging Station
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scrap Trawler
1 Seat of the Synod
1 Sensei's Divining Top
21 Snow-Covered Island
1 Sol Ring
1 Spellskite
1 Strip Mine
1 Su-Chi
1 Summoning Station
1 Sword of Fire and Ice
1 Tamiyo's Journal
1 Tangletrove Kelp
1 Tezzeret the Seeker
1 Tezzeret, Artifice Master
1 Thopter Assembly
1 Thought Monitor
1 Thran Dynamo
1 Tolaria West
1 Transmute Artifact
1 Treasure Vault
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Urza, Lord High Artificer
1 Urza's Factory
1 Urza's Saga
1 Whir of Invention
1 Windfall
1 Wurmcoil Engine

1 Foundry of the Consuls
1 Liquimetal Torque

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck is probably pretty bad. I played it first game of the night in a pod that had a middling power level and where the board got kind of gridlocked anyway. I had some decent interaction and card-drawing. The commander's ability is decent. Unblockability is nice with Umezawa's Jitte, but I had to hold up blockers too much to really make use of that. Eventually, I was able to assemble Krark-Clan Ironworks + Su-Chi + Nim Deathmantle. With Senator Peacock out as well, this enabled me to draw through my deck to find Blasting Station, then loop in Blasting Station for infinite damage. Yay.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
My second game with this deck didn't really give me useful data. I think that my start wasn't too slow, but it didn't matter because the Zhulodok deck at the table went totally bonkers broken.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck last night. It performed normally at first, but then I topdecked Eldrazi Monument and was able to make infinite mana with the Basalt Monolith I already had. From there I was able to use Senator Peacock as a draw engine and recur artifacts to build up life with Aetherflux Reservoir and win.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I felt silly having all these Snow-Covered Islands in this deck for no reason. So now there's a reason. I feel like I've definitely accomplished something with this sweeping revision to this totally good deck, which I thought about very carefully. Some of these statements might not, strictly speaking, be true...

-1 Foundry of the Consuls
-1 Liquimetal Torque
+1 Arcum's Astrolabe
+1 Strip Mine

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Messed around with this deck using the new list in a 1v1 game. The store closed, but I'd given up before that. I drew something like 11 cards from clues and 9 of them were lands. Biggest manadrown I've seen in a while. I was worried that 33 lands wouldn't be enough. Oops.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
As a five-drop commander in 2024, Senator Peacock is not actually all that impressive. But the utility of giving all of your artifacts the "clue" activated ability is actually pretty good. This deck has been winning considerably more than I'd anticipated. Despite some unfortunate topdecks and some impressive board states belonging to my opponents, I was able to hang in there. The evasion part of Senator Peacock is nice too, especially since this game saw Umezawa's Jitte save me from a bunch of 9/1 trampling tokens. Flashing back Echo of Eons out of desperation, I hit Power Artifact for my Grim Monolith, which let me make infinite mana and set up more loops to draw my whole deck and win the game.