1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Zagras, Thief of Heartbeats
1 Zareth San, the Trickster
1 Zulaport Cutthroat

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Party is a garbage mechanic. It's just really, really bad. So of course I'm going to use it. I'm thinking Lady Evangela, Gwendlyn di Corci, Bartel Runeaxe, and Johan for a party that's truly legendary.
It is also true that most of the actual "Party" cards show a disappointing use of the design space that the mechanic could, more ambitiously, employ. I was focusing on how the mechanic, as see on the cards themselves, is relatively weak. It's not a powerful thing to be doing. Players using the mechanic jump through some hoops to get a "full party" and then just don't get enough of value for the mechanic to really do anything. I agree that these "Party" cards tend to be bland, though.
This deck has been a long time coming. As soon as this stupid mechanic was spoiled back in 2020, I knew that I had to build a deck around it. Now that I've done it, I can't believe how much I like this crap. It wasn't until my second game with this deck that it sank in. Party hard!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-1 Ghostly Pilferer
+1 Nimble Trapfinder

Oops. I purchased a copy of Nimble Trapfinder just for this deck. During initial construction, I forgot where I left the card and accidentally ommitted it. I've already played with Ghostly Pilferer (it was fine). I'm correcting the mistake now. I'll have to figure out how to represent this on my spreadsheets, since I have changed a deck with a single-card substitution. It would mess up my statistics to enter two separate lists. What I might do instead is set the Ghostly Pilferer off to the side as a card that was swapped out, but still contributes to my overall numbers. I could even do this with other decks in the future, so my total decks played might not match my total cards played at the end of the year, and we'll know why. Make sense?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck is great fun. Won my last game the old-fashioned way, with ordinary combat damage from ordinary creatures. I actually never drew a wizard that time, but a party of three was enough to finish the game, in part because my opponents weakened each other more than they weakened me. I want to keep playing this one for as long as I can.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This deck continues to impress. Despite a bit of a lousy start in my last game and pressure from a disruptive deck with a superior board state, Tazri's ability and the resiliency of the party theme as a reaonable five-color midrange goodstuff setup let hang in there. I threatened to overtake the board with overall creature value, but a second opponent reined me in. Then my final opponent was poised to combo off, but I was able to win the race with Derevi + Najeela.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
On a lark, I partnered up with a player who has his own Party deck (Burakos, Party Leader & Haunted One). We were dispatched on turn four by a combo setup in our first game. Second game, I used Ramunap Excavator + Strip Mine to shut down the manascrewed opponent, which let us eventually overpower the other opponent.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-1 Acquisitions Expert
+1 Tajuru Paragon

I finally picked up a copy of Tajuru Paragon, the last card that was supposed to be in this deck from the beginning, but which I couldn't find. Had to cut something else. Despite thematic appropriateness, Acquisitions Expert just isn't very good here. So that's what gets swapped out.