OW!

A

Apollo

Well, I may have a lot of free time to post here in the near future. I don't even know why I'm posting this on here, maybe I just like pity. Anyway, I was playing in my championship soccer game yesterday. About five minutes into the game, I stole the ball from one of their players and started dribbling up the sideline. Out of nowhere, the kid came from behind and slid into me, taking me out. A penalty was called, but the kid ran off right away and nobody knows who it was. I spent the night in the hospital, and it turns out I have two broken bones in my right leg. Just as school was about to end, it turns out that I'll be out of comission for half of the summer. Life sucks.

On a positive note, my team won, 5-4. My coach brought me my trophy in the emergency room.

Apollo

Z

Zadok001

Damn, man. That sucks. (And that's why I stopped playing soccer, I nailed some other kid's foot- BAD.) Here's to hoping you get better fast, and have plenty of people stop by so you can beat 'em at MtG. Good luck, man.

And congrats to you and your team; I wish my team occassionally racked up a better than losing record.

"My sympathies."

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
First off, sorry about hearing about your injury. I dunno how big the game really was, but winning may have been retribution enough.

On a side note, I consider myself lucky not to have many serious soccer injuries (sprained/strained ankle is the worst I can think of). Of course, now I play hockey, so I don't really think it was a real smart switch :)

Anyway, to end this on a high note: congrats on winning. Don't give up on soccer because of one shitty (can I say that? :)) experience.

Life sucks, then life's great. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger... you get what I'm trying to say.

G

garfobosonfire

Ya man, soccers weird!! I got a red card for accidentally tackling a kid!! Im not kidding!! The grass was wet, and I was dribbling down the field....when this kid checks me, but he wasnt very strong so i didnt fall over!! But i slid foreward on the wet grass, right into this one kid. I sprained his ankle!! But it wasnt my fault! :(

M

Multani

Tag Guard

My worst sports injury was getting my tooth knocked out by a basketball.
It wasn't that bad.
My sympathies Apollo.
Hope you get better! :)