Oversoul is a bit preoccupied for now...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not sure how much it'll matter here, but I should mention that I'm in the process of trying to buy a house. In a bit of a holding pattern right now because I don't know exactly when the appraisal I ordered is scheduled to happen or what its result will be. But this has been why I've slowed down on some things here like Magic Memories or keeping up with Ravnica Allegiance stuff. I anticipate more of this.

I'll still try to keep up with the forum games, at least. And I should have the finishing touches on the next "deep" for the Warhammer Quest campaign ready and I'm planning to copy the whole thing into Google Drive so I can try to keep that moving from anywhere. But most of my other posting here might be more sporadic than normal, and this is why.

Hopefully there will be a brief window early next month when I'm hardly on at all because this is all successful and I'll be in the process of moving. And then even after that it might take a while to get situated. But in the meantime, I'll still probably be more chatty here than, say, Ransac... *glares*

Ferret

Staff member
Wow! Hope it goes well. We just bought one last February and unfortunately, it turned into a bit of a money pit...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Just like a used car, you have to plan for some extra work to be done in the first 2-3 years. Sewer, storm drains (from downspouts), plumbing/Electric and HVAC are the most costly.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I remember we had to replace the water heater within a year after we bought our place, and the driveway got replaced/upgraded at about the 5 year mark. But I learned a lot from doing the water heater with my brother-in-law, and the driveway increased the value of the place, so it's all good. It's been an interesting time, especially when I learned sump pumps need to be replaced periodically but they're really easy to do.

Good luck with the house! :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
On the new house front..... my daughter bought a house and I get to do a bunch of the work on it.
Starting tonight, wood floors in the first level.
I haven't put in a wood floor for a few years...…