Otherwise T1 Cheese Deck

C

chocobo_cid

What would work in a Cheese stands alone Deck, were that single Unglued card legal?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jokulhaups and a deck that can empty its hand, or maybe a deck that uses mainly lands as the only permanent, then casts Argmaggedon after the Cheese is out. And there's also Kaevek's Spite, but that is a bit of mana because you have to use both cards during the same main phase (cast Cheese and respond to it with Spite, when Cheese resolves it will be the only card you have in play and your hand will be empty).

C

chocobo_cid

Add 6WWWW to your mana pool, cast, with two cards in hand, Wrath of God and a Cheese.

Yeah right.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
That does seem unlikely. Then again, you would want to cast them on different turns (first Chese, then Wrath). Then again, that's painfully obvious...

Train, why are you suggesting a blue card? Anyway, Kaervek's Spite or Forbidden Ritual are both cool cards for this, although they are black and Cheese is white...

Jokulhaups is the simplest, but it's also not the most practical, probably...

Claws looks like the easiest to setup...

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by train
forbidden ritual
The best one, most likely. You still need to have an empty hand, so I'd add a Patchwork Gnomes.

(You can regenerate without provacation, right?)

C

chocobo_cid

Is there anyway to make activated abilities cost "less to play" or anything? I got an idea...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, but they can only reduce the cost to one generic mana, which is important for some things...

So what's the idea?

T

train

Well - I was answering the original question - as for the idea... I'd bet it deals with a lot (not just a combo) of activated abilities... Since chocobo was looking in terms of regeneration - probably a creature utility or engine deck...

seeing as how regeneration is black or green - probably an engine inside a recurring deck...

that's as far as I can get speculating...;)

M

mlai

I've played against the Cheese-Spite deck in multiplayer, and it was pretty cute. I can think of a few other ways to pull the cheese win off the top of my head:

1. Claws of Gix to get rid of permanents (as someone suggested earlier), but Mindslicer instead of Patchwork Gnomes. In multiplayer (which I almost exclusively play, by the way), not many people are going to want to mess with a 4/3 Seal of Mind Twist unless they have an empty hand; plus, you can sac him to the Claws as you go for the win. This may be the most playable version, particularly with creatures having Goes-to-the-Graveyard abilities. It can also squeeze in a Spite.

2. Jokulhaups and Academy Rector. I've never tried this, but I can think of two flaws. While Jokulhaups can also function as a reset, it doesn't kill enchantments. Thus, for enchantments, the deck only wants to run The Cheese; and consequently, the A. Rectors are going to be useless outside of dredging up The Cheese. Also, there's no mechanism to unload your hand. You could run Seals of Fire, but I don't know why you'd Rector for one.

3. For a really bad combo, Vedalken Orrery. Cast the Cheese Stands Alone followed by Apocalypse in response.

Edit: Oh yeah. Hi everyone, I'm new.

T

train

Welcome!

You can run other enchantments with the rector haups - worship, etc... even necro... just to help get you where you need to be...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
With Rector, wouldn't Bargain be a better choice than Necro? I tried it a little, but I always hated having to Rector for Necro. It's just not as powerful...