O'Reilly Factor

Killer Joe

Do I believe this man said those things to his female co-worker? Absolutely.

Do I think he wanted to <OINK!> her?
No.

Do I think that this is typical behavior of men from his generation?
Yes.

I'm not a Fox News fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I think this particular case is one for the political looney-bin.

:rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
Sexual Harasment case against Fox news/opinion man Bill O'Reilly, host of "The O'Reilly Factor". Of course, CNN is having a field day w/ this. He's one of the few journalists that can counter their lefty Pro-Kerry swing...

-Ferret

"Vote Nader!"

Killer Joe

Here's the basic story:

This woman worked for Fox News for the past four years on the "The O'Reilly Factor".

She left the show for a better position at CNN.

She went back to work on the O'Reilly Factor a couple of months ago.

She told Bill O'Reilly that she would sue him and Fox News for sexual harrasment.

Bill O'Reilly filed a counter suit before she could file hers.

I think he's in the right (no pun intended), and she has a lot of holes in her story.

I don't like Bill O'Reilly but I'm siding with him on this one.

C

Chaos Turtle

My inclination is to let the miscreant fry...

But I'm clearly biased against O'Reilly so I'll withold my opinion, which is probably wrong anyway. :p

Killer Joe

Just heard today that the woman handed over recordings on Friday with O'Reilly sayin' stuff to her over the phone. But I wonder, did she scramble for the tape recorder when he called or did she have it ready for him WHEN he called?

She originally was gonna sue for 600 million dollars (FOR PHONE SEX!?).

Also, her Dad is calling on O'Reilly for a good old fashion Duel. What's THAT all about? :rolleyes:

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Killer Joe
Just heard today that the woman handed over recordings on Friday with O'Reilly sayin' stuff to her over the phone. But I wonder, did she scramble for the tape recorder when he called or did she have it ready for him WHEN he called?

She originally was gonna sue for 600 million dollars (FOR PHONE SEX!?).

Also, her Dad is calling on O'Reilly for a good old fashion Duel. What's THAT all about? :rolleyes:
I tell you what it's all about: RATINGS! Everyone will watch Fox News to find out if O'Reilly will make a big deal out of it and everyone will watch CNN for their "unbiased" reports on it...

-Ferret

"...and no one will remember anything about it in six months..."

C

Chaos Turtle

This.
Never.
Happened.

(so saith the lawyers, so saith the flock)

C

Chaos Turtle

Exactly.

(Part of the settlement agreement is that the issue, for all intents and purposes, does not exist.)

M

Mr_Pestilence

What a shame.

I used to kinda like O'Reilly, but in the past few years, he's gotten full of himself.

Plus, he seems to have some severe anger problems. Just say "Al Franken" in his vicinity and he swells up like a blowfish.