Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo

M

Mikeymike

Opal-Eye, Konda's Yojimbo
1WW
Legendary Creature — Fox Samurai
1/4
Bushido 1; defender (This creature can’t attack.)
TAP,: The next time a source of your choice would deal damage this turn, that damage is dealt to Opal-Eye, Konda’s Yojimbo instead.
1W: Prevent the next 1 damage that would be dealt to Opal-Eye this turn.

OK, I know this guy being a wall sucks and all, but that seems to be a great defensive card for MP play. Besides, with that ability it should never be attacking anyway.

First off, it seems to be a playable version of Kjeldoran Royal Guard, which was never terrible card, just never very good.

Kjeldoran Pros:
- 2/5
- Prevents ALL creature damage (but likely just once)
- Not legendary (damn you CoK block!)

Yojimbo Pros:
- Bushido 1 (counteracts the Kjeldorans extra strength)
- costs 2 less
- most important of all, a built in damage prevention sink to keep it in play.

I really like this little guy, and will be playing him in MP shortly. It's no Maze of Ith, but then again what is?

L

Limited

I got this card at the prerelease and one game had him in play with a Heart of Light (the white gasceous form).. that was very nasty, but I'm not really impressed by it. The prevention should have been redirection or it should have been cheaper..
I wouldn't play it an samurai weenie deck, but it would fall nicely in a WG life gain deck with Test of Endurance or something..

G

Gizmo

I got in a pre-release and he single-handedly battered my opponent. Definately a nifty guy to have around.