Ooohh, I can't wait...

N

Notepad

Two reset buttons between that artifact, and the new sword. I guess with all the power they really want us to have the board clearing ability in case things get out of hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's wait to see what the Moxes will be worded before jumping to conclusions about Standard...

unless you're talking other formats, which have their own reset buttons anyway...

T

train

I can settle down a bit to see what the wording is on these things...

but as I've done before - I'm warning you all now...

*Hopes his prediction record stays perfect...*

N

Notepad

New mox is gonna be hella awesome. Imprint a spell in your hand to make mana of that color. Much easier than a land like the Diamond.

Will certainly be a huge money card, and a booster to death for many a low budget player.

T

train

That's the main reason I hold the new lotus as being one that may not make the restricted list...

The moxen however are just dangerous...

And may I say the artifact lands are going to be in academy decks - again...

N

Notepad

Those poor little moxes will certainly be restricted fast. Too much gold to abuse in T1. As for their fate in T2...it looks like there may be enough control cards, but we will just have to wait and see. Not everyone will be playing green, and that means no everyone will have good answers to this super fast environment.

Is it me, or does it look like GU and GW is the way to go with Mirrodin T2? It certainly seems that way.

R

Rooser

Yeah, now that the spoilers out, we can see that Mirrodin will be almost old-school fast with it's artifact mana. Between Affinity and all the artifact mana, (Oh, and Trash for Treasure), you could get something very Tinker-Esque going on where you got a big artifact creature staring down somebody's gullet on turn 3.

And no SeFRO, I'm actually voting Blue/Red for Mirrodin.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
we can see that Mirrodin will be almost old-school fast with it's artifact mana
That must be why WOTC said Mirrodin had lots of stuff for Type 1 players... :) I'm curious to see what rakso says about it.