Onslaught Strategy #4 - Red's Wrath!!!

T

train

Aether Charge - 4R Enchantment (uncommon) Whenever a Beast comes into play under your control, you may have it deal 4 damage to target opponent.
-What was WOTC smoking, Coat!!!

Aggravated Assault - 2R Enchantment (rare) 3RR: Untap all creatures you control. After this phase, there is an additional combat phase followed by an additional main phase. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.
-We've already discussed how this can go infinite!!! R/G beats!!!

Brightstone Ritual - R Instant (common) Add R to your mana pool for each Goblin in play.
-Stronger than a dark ritual!!! (Repeat Aether Charge remark) As if red wasn't fast enough already!!!

Chain of Plasma - 1R Instant (uncommon) Chain of Plasma deals 3 damage to target creature or player. Then that player or that creature's controller may discard a card from his or her hand. If the player does, he or she may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.
-Could be strong vs. the dumb players!!! I'll just Aegis of Honor anyone dumb enough...

Dragon Roost - 4RR Enchantment (rare) 5RR: Put a 5/5 red Dragon creature token with flying into play.
-This could be infinite as well!!!

Dwarven Blastminer - 1R Creature - Dwarf (uncommon) 2R,T: Destroy target nonbasic land. Morph R 1/1
-Glad Dwarven miner was voted out of 8th!!!

Goblin Piledriver - 1R Creature - Goblin (rare) Protection from blue Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin. 1/2
-What the Hell?!!!!

Goblin Pyromancer - 3R Creature - Goblin Wizard (rare) When Goblin Pyromancer comes into play, all Goblins get +3/+0 until end of turn. At end of turn, destroy all Goblins. 2/2
-Play with above!!!

Goblin Sharpshooter - 2R Creature - Goblin (rare) Goblin sharpshooter doesn't untap during your untap step. Whenever a creature is put into a graveyard from play, untap Goblin Sharpshooter. T: Goblin Sharpshooter deals 1 damage to target creature or player. 1/1
-The never ending ping-ings!!!

Gratuitous Violence - 2RRR Enchantment (rare) If a creature you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
Play with goblin pyromancer and goblin piledriver... WOTC is my biggest Coat buyer!!!

Lightning Rift - 1R Enchantment (uncommon) Whenever a player cycles a card, you may pay 1. If you do, Lightning Rift deals 2 damage to target creature or player.
-Cycle that baby!!!

Mana Echoes - 2RR Enchantment (rare) Whenever a creature comes into play, you may add 1 to your mana pool for each creature you control that shares a creature type with it.
-Goblins be too strong!!!

Searing Flesh - 6R Sorcery (uncommon) Searing Flesh deals 7 damage to target opponent.
-Easily castable with the above!!!

Skirk Fire Marshal - 3RR Creature - Goblin Lord (rare) Protection from red Tap five untapped Goblins you control: Skirk Fire Marshal deals 10 damage to each creature and each player. 2/2
Play with Aggravated Assault!!!

Sparksmith - 1R Creature - Goblin (common) T: Sparksmith deals X damage to target creature and X damage to you, where X is the number of Goblins in play. 1/1
-Wrongness!!!!

Red by itself is extremely strong!!! Red with any acceleration is too much... WOTC must be out of Coat - Let me go sell them more!!!

J

Jigglypuff

I hardly see how Brightstone Ritual is better than Dark Ritual. Blasphemy! Besides, the bad Ritual doesn't give you the same quick boost that the good Ritual does, since the bad Ritual requires you to have multiple Goblins in play before it gets good, which means it looks pretty bad until around the 4th turn or so. Besides, you can't go first turn bad Ritual and actually cast anything.

(- Steve -)

D

Deadman

Very true.
Dark Ritual reigns over Brightstone easy.
Brightstone can be better later on, so long as you've got lotsa goblins, but Dark is useable as long as you can produce one black mana.

T

train

Maybe I should've reworded that to include what I had in mind... For the sheer mana production capable, brightstone is stronger than dark ritual... for instances of speed... dark ritual is the best 1 for 3 you can get, and it only 1 for 3...

Brightstone is a 1 for X though - nice with an aluren huh!!!

Ferret

Staff member
I can see how sickening it can be if you have critters that can be pumped w/ red mana - imagine a Shivan Dragon w/ that card. It's a good late game card - in the early game it can help you get out some larger critters and dominate the board....

-Ferret

"...at least until green gets out a larger critter next turn..."