Onslaught Strategy #1 - White's Rage

T

train

This will simply be a breakdown of the strength's of individual cards and their possible uses...

Akroma’s Vengeance - 4WW - Sorcery (rare) Destroy all artifacts, creatures, and enchantments. Cycling 3
-Hello Hunting Grounds, Elephant Guides... clear the board, play hunting grouns - your opponent better not cast anything...

Astral Slide - 2W Enchantment (uncommon) Whenever a player cycles a card, you may remove target creature from the game. If you do, return that creature to play under its owner’s control at end of turn.
-This means you can cycle to get draw advantage and remove tokens permanently... You could also remove enchanted creatures...

Catapult Master - 3WW Creature - Soldier Lord (rare) Tap five untapped Soldiers you control: Remove target creature from the game. 3/3
-Anyone not seeing this is a fool - there aren't enough wishes to retrieve them all...

Convalescent Care - 1WW Enchantment (rare) At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have 5 life or less, you gain 3 life and draw a card.
-Transcendence, Control...

Glarecaster - 4WW Creature - Bird Cleric Flying (rare) 5W: The next time damage would be dealt to Glarecaster or you this turn, that damage is dealt to target creature or player instead. 3/3
-"or you" It just doesn't get any better

Jareth, Leonine Titan - 3WWW Creature - Cat Giant Legend (rare)
Whenever Jareth, Leonine Titan blocks, it gets +7/+7 until end of turn. W: Jareth gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn. 4/7
-Fling, Animal boneyard, anything...

Mobilization - 2W Enchantment (rare) Attacking doesn’t cause Soldiers to tap. 2W: Put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token into play
-Sacred Mesa w.o. the drawback - bring it!!! Overrun anyone...

Oblation - 2W Instant (rare) The owner of target nonland permanent shuffles it into his or her library, then draws two cards.
-Let me put damage on the stack, and then draw 2 cards... yippee!!!!

Sigil of the New Dawn - 3W Enchantment (rare) Whenever a creature is put into your graveyard from play, you may pay 1W. If you do, return that card to your hand.
-I hate to say this, but who needs Genesis?

True Believer - WW Creature - Cleric (rare) You can’t be the target of spells or abilities. 2/2
-Make me non-targetable, now just counter everything aiming at him...

Unified Strike - W Instant (common) Remove target attacking creature from the game if its power is less than or equal to the number of Soldiers in play.
-Swords re-made... but they get no life...

White also has many many strengths for the Weenie's Vengeance to become reality!!!!

Red will be the next examined...

N

NorrYtt

Astral Slide 2W
Enchantment
Whenever a player cycles a card, you may remove target creature from the game. If you do, return that creature to play under its owner’s control at end of turn.

This card does way more than you think. It can remove opposing tokens from the game, remove enchant creatures, save your creatures in combat, save your creatures from global destruction like Wrath and Upheaval, and unmorph any creature.

This card might beat out Ixidor in a morph on morph matchup. Liberate works as well.

T

train

I mentioned the enchant creatures and tokens... good points on the others, but I thought when a face-down creature was removed from the game it was only viewable to all players and when it came back was still face down...

Maybe I missed something...

M

Mikeymike

A removed from the game creature loses all memory of what it's previous state of existence was, well the rule book doesn't say it like that but that is the jist of it.

Just like Parallax Wave would removes counters from a creature and/or remove local enchantments, it would unmorph face-down creatures.

T

train

Okay - I went to Barclay's Article, so here it is:
What happens if I use Faceless Butcher to remove a face-down creature from the game?
The creature will be removed and turned face-up, so you’ll see what it is. When the Butcher leaves play, the face-up creature will return to play. Face up. So, if it’s a 6/6, your opponent’s going to be sorry she played the Butcher.

I got it...

T

theorgg

It's a permanent INSTANT SPEED flicker...

and it even waits until the end of the turn to give back the creature, making it an even BETTER effect.

and my, HOW I do love FLICKER!

So many useless things it can do!

Like reset Cumulative Upkeep, and completly piss off those guys who pay ninteen life to their Phrexian Processors.

K

Killerbob

just 1 problem -most cards with cycling stinks...the lands might be ok.

D

Deadman

They don't stink when they all have:
2, discard this card: Draw a card and remove target creature from the game untill end of turn.