3x Read the Runes
2x Slate of Ancestry

The Others
4x Choking Tethers
4x Wirewood Elf

Land
14x Forest
9x Island

The idea is to get out the Wirewood Savage and Words of Wilding, then artificial the words to make beast tokens. Then each token gets you to draw a card, which can be used to make another token, which draws you a card, which can be used to make another token, etc. until you run out of mana. I think the Wall of Mulch and the hystrodon are good searchers that can double for defense, and the read the runes is an excellent searcher, and is worded so that if you don't draw cards off of it (if you use the words of wilding off of it) you don't need to discard or sacrifice.

Any thoughts?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Shieser!!! :eek:

Ok then.
Have you tested the deck out? It seems as though the defense might be a little weird, because it's all creature defense.
Then again this deck wins with lots of creatures anyway, so maybe that's not a problem.
Welcome back!

T

train

Looks like a solid deck...

Maybe 4 counters of life-gain...

4counters would just guarantee protection...

T

theorgg

DUEL!!!!

I think you just missed Zadoc. He was back here for a little less than a week... Bah.

Is there anything like Earthcraft around there? That'd help out...

Mabe a few of the new Ley'd Druids from Torment.

R

Rooser

Man, I thought I came up with the combo all by myself. In fact I came here to post my deck list and ask for thoughts/advice. I can't get mine to work and I've built several incarnations, so I just won't worry about my specifics, but I do have lots of thoughts on this combo.

1) I think the archetype should be called Super Bears. Mostly because that's a funny name. Hehe... Super Bears! Also, if you fit Wonders in the deck the bears/beasts really can be super. Because of the flying. Get it? Flying bears. Hilarious. FLYING BEARS. Laugh already.
2) The green aspects are splashable, so you can run heavy blue control/card drawing. You should definitely have at least 4 counterspells of some type. In this deck's case, if you're keeping it T2, (I'm building mine extended), the best green deck thinner is a cycled Krosan Tusker. Also, Aether Burst is so valuable here, as it can buy you some serious time.
3) Problems with the deck are that it's a three card combo. I still like it because once you get it you can overwhelm pretty quickly and you can also control exactly how many beasty bears you put into to play. In other words, you can stay counter-ready after you go off. But still, the inherent problem with three card combos are that they take up a lot of space in your deck and they usually result in a lack of card advantage, at least while setting up. The solution is to build the deck to have lots of synergy with each combo piece. Words of Wilding is better if you're drawing lots of cards, so simple card drawing instants make the cut. The Savage can obviously make use of regular beasts, (Krosan Tusker and Hystrodon are great ways to go about it, as is Ravenous Baloth, but in extended also remember that good ol' Blastoderm is a beast, he he he), and finally, finding other cards to hit with artificial evolution. In type 2, you're liable to find decks that are using some sort of creature theme, thus the evolutions have the possibility of ruining your opponent's day. Beyond that however, it's hard to find any other good ways to use the evolution in this deck. Are there any thoughts on this one?
4) You need ways to deal with strategies that can stop 30 bears in their tracks; I'm thinking Ensnaring Bridge specifically, but there are others. Ensnaring bridge could be handled with a deep analysis, (Make them draw two cards, then attack with a gajillion bears), but more universal would be some form of permanent bounce; just something to get their hoser off the table for the one turn you need to bear them to death.

Anyway, super props to Super Bears!

T

train

1) Great idea - and Honey can be the kryptonite!...
2) Blue is bad...
3) Ahh the obstacles in Magic!!...
4) Have a little fun with a Goblin bombardment...

:cool:

W

WickedBoy6

Man, too bad I'm not the strong Type 2 type...That deck is amazing, plus it's fairly hard to find a flaw. Mass-destruction seems to be viable (Kirtar's Wrath & the original Wrath...of God), or mass-damage (Earthquake or my personal favorite, Pyroclasm).

Z

Zadok001

Oh, I'm here, Orgg. :) I'm not talking as much as I used to, but don't you dare think I'm gone.

Does anyone else find it immensely disturbing that we have infinite combos in Onslaught block after one set? Or that AstralSlide can only improve with additional sets? Methinks this is going to be the wierdest block format ever created...

D

Duel

Acutally, Zadok caught on to what some other people missed: this is onslaught. Just onslaught. Nothing more or less. No counters in the deck because with the exception of complicate (2U, counter target spell unless it's caster pays 3, cycling, 2u, if you cycle, you may counter target spell unless it's caster pays 1) there are no real counters in onslaught. Kinda creepy? Wait until I give you Janky Onslaught Combos # 2 and 3

(these will arrive tomorrow, likely... as I'm working the kinks out of them)

T

train

Though this may just be Onslaught - it's safe to say that everything about to come out has been tested so that it's nowhere near as Powerful as Urza's block was...

Maybe that's why Legions is all creatures... :rolleyes: