Online Vanguard

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Captain Caveman, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

2. Dark_Tira Not quite dead yet.

Looks like pretty smart changes, especially in toning down the champion. I'm somewhat surprised by Seshiro though, I guess someone thought rotlung was slightly too strong.
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Two new Avatars from the SOK Release

Oni of Wild Places
    Hand +1, Life -2
    Creatures you control have haste. At the beginning of your upkeep, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.

Sakashima, the Impostor
    Hand +0, Life +1
    2: Choose a creature you control. It becomes a copy of target creature except for its name.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Two New Avatars for 9th Release

Hell's Caretaker
    Hand +0, Life +4
    3, Sacrifice a creature: Return target creature card from your graveyard to play.

Maro
    Hand +1, Life -7
    Tap an untapped creature you control, Discard a card: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your hand.
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ravnica Release Avatars

Participation Avatar: Loxodon Hierarch
    Vanguard abilities: Hand +0, Life +1
    Sacrifice a permanent: Regenerate target creature you control

Prize Avatar: Sisters of Stone Death
    Vanguard abilities: Hand +1, Life -5
    Creatures you control must be blocked if able
    4: Remove from the game target creature blocking a creature you control.
  7. Notepad Seffy Sefro

The Sisters is waaaay evil! And, I tend to say the Loxodon is pretty frakking uselss (yay, a Battlestar reference, what a true GEEK!). Sure, regen is nice, but this is garbage compared to a lot of the other avatars out there. I guess with the GW token armies you'll have lots of stuff to sack. Then again, with a GW token guild deck, you'll likely use some other creature-centric avatar.

I wish I could win a Sisters. I just might try out an event, unless the price on those sisters is low enough to just trade for.
  8. YoungBeard New Member

The Loxodon Hierarch gives you the ability to sac something anytime you like. This would combo better with G/B decks than G/W. Like Savra, Queen of the Golgari. Dumb elephant is working for the wrong guild.
  9. Captain Caveman New Member

Now thats funny.

I think the Caretaker is completely unfair.

The newest ones seem ok(don't have but 1)but I think the caretaker is extremely powerful.

:eek:
  10. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Vanguard
    The following Vanguard avatar will change. The new starting hand size and life total is listed below:

Hell's Caretaker: 5 cards, 18 life (from 7, 24)

from December 2005 DCI Banned and Restricted List

Mirage Online Avatars

Participation Avatar: Stalking Tiger
    Vanguard abilities: Hand +0, Life +2
    Whenever you play a creature spell, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card.

Prize Avatar: Frenetic Efreet
    Vanguard abilities: Hand -1, Life -3
    Permanents you control have phasing.
    At the end of your turn, flip a coin. If you win the flip, take an extra turn after this one.
  11. orgg Administrator

Efreet requires a Karak's Thumb. Otherwise, you are dead.

The extra turn simply allows you to keep up with your opponent because of the land phasing problem.
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Guildpact Release Avatars

Prize Avatar: Rumbling Slum
    Hand: +1
    Life: +1
    At the beginning of your upkeep, Rumbling Slum deals 1 to each opponent.

Participation: Teysa, Orzhov Scion
    Hand: +0
    Life: -2
    Whenever a non-token creature is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 white, Spirit creature token with flying into play.
  13. orgg Administrator

Funny enough, Slurm right now does 10 damage. I think the version they have previewed is the correct one, though.
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

What do you mean, they accidently coded it to do 10 damage instead of just one? Yowza... :eek:
  15. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Heh. The first person on the receiving end of that must have had an unpleasant surprise.
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Visions Release Avatars

Participation Avatar: Nekrataal
    All those who play in a Visions Release League or a Premier Event (both 2x and 4x) will receive a Nekrataal avatar.

Starting hand size = 7
    Starting life total = 16
    Creature spells you play cost B less to play. This effect reduces only the amount of colored mana you pay.

Prize Avatar: Chronatog
    All those who achieve a 5-0 record in a Visions Release League, make Top Two at a 2x Premier Event or Top Eight at a 4x Premier Event will receive a Chronatog avatar.

Starting hand size = 6
    Starting life total = 21
    You have no maximum hand size.
    0: Draw three cards. You skip your next turn. Play this ability only once each turn.
  17. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Wow.. those are just nasty!
  18. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Dissension Release Avatars

Participation - Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
    (Hand +0, Life +4)
    X, Discard a card: Put a token into play as a copy of a random creature card with converted mana cost X. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery and only once each turn.

Prize - Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
    (Hand -1, Life -1)
    Hellbent - As long as you have no cards in hand, if a source you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
    Hellbent - At the end of your turn, if you have no cards in hand, each of your opponents discards a card.
  19. orgg Administrator

Viggy is a fun one, without doubt.

All Land, Momir Vig games are fun.

Just don't activate 'em for seven.
  20. Limited Yes, but we won't care

How come Lyzolda doesn't have Handsize -7?