Online Vanguard

D

Dark_Tira

Looks like pretty smart changes, especially in toning down the champion. I'm somewhat surprised by Seshiro though, I guess someone thought rotlung was slightly too strong.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two new Avatars from the SOK Release

Oni of Wild Places
Hand +1, Life -2
Creatures you control have haste. At the beginning of your upkeep, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.

Sakashima, the Impostor
Hand +0, Life +1
2: Choose a creature you control. It becomes a copy of target creature except for its name.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two New Avatars for 9th Release

Hell's Caretaker
Hand +0, Life +4
3, Sacrifice a creature: Return target creature card from your graveyard to play.

Maro
Hand +1, Life -7
Tap an untapped creature you control, Discard a card: Target creature you control gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the number of cards in your hand.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ravnica Release Avatars

Participation Avatar: Loxodon Hierarch
Vanguard abilities: Hand +0, Life +1
Sacrifice a permanent: Regenerate target creature you control

Prize Avatar: Sisters of Stone Death
Vanguard abilities: Hand +1, Life -5
Creatures you control must be blocked if able
4: Remove from the game target creature blocking a creature you control.

N

Notepad

The Sisters is waaaay evil! And, I tend to say the Loxodon is pretty frakking uselss (yay, a Battlestar reference, what a true GEEK!). Sure, regen is nice, but this is garbage compared to a lot of the other avatars out there. I guess with the GW token armies you'll have lots of stuff to sack. Then again, with a GW token guild deck, you'll likely use some other creature-centric avatar.

I wish I could win a Sisters. I just might try out an event, unless the price on those sisters is low enough to just trade for.

Y

YoungBeard

The Loxodon Hierarch gives you the ability to sac something anytime you like. This would combo better with G/B decks than G/W. Like Savra, Queen of the Golgari. Dumb elephant is working for the wrong guild.

C

Captain Caveman

YoungBeard said:
Dumb elephant is working for the wrong guild.
Now thats funny.

I think the Caretaker is completely unfair.

The newest ones seem ok(don't have but 1)but I think the caretaker is extremely powerful.

:eek:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Vanguard
The following Vanguard avatar will change. The new starting hand size and life total is listed below:

Hell's Caretaker: 5 cards, 18 life (from 7, 24)

from December 2005 DCI Banned and Restricted List

Mirage Online Avatars

Participation Avatar: Stalking Tiger
Vanguard abilities: Hand +0, Life +2
Whenever you play a creature spell, you may pay 1. If you do, draw a card.

Prize Avatar: Frenetic Efreet
Vanguard abilities: Hand -1, Life -3
Permanents you control have phasing.
At the end of your turn, flip a coin. If you win the flip, take an extra turn after this one.

O

orgg

Efreet requires a Karak's Thumb. Otherwise, you are dead.

The extra turn simply allows you to keep up with your opponent because of the land phasing problem.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Guildpact Release Avatars

Prize Avatar: Rumbling Slum
Hand: +1
Life: +1
At the beginning of your upkeep, Rumbling Slum deals 1 to each opponent.

Participation: Teysa, Orzhov Scion
Hand: +0
Life: -2
Whenever a non-token creature is put into a graveyard from play, put a 1/1 white, Spirit creature token with flying into play.

O

orgg

Funny enough, Slurm right now does 10 damage. I think the version they have previewed is the correct one, though.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Visions Release Avatars

Participation Avatar: Nekrataal
All those who play in a Visions Release League or a Premier Event (both 2x and 4x) will receive a Nekrataal avatar.

Starting hand size = 7
Starting life total = 16
Creature spells you play cost B less to play. This effect reduces only the amount of colored mana you pay.

Prize Avatar: Chronatog
All those who achieve a 5-0 record in a Visions Release League, make Top Two at a 2x Premier Event or Top Eight at a 4x Premier Event will receive a Chronatog avatar.

Starting hand size = 6
Starting life total = 21
You have no maximum hand size.
0: Draw three cards. You skip your next turn. Play this ability only once each turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dissension Release Avatars

Participation - Momir Vig, Simic Visionary
(Hand +0, Life +4)
X, Discard a card: Put a token into play as a copy of a random creature card with converted mana cost X. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery and only once each turn.

Prize - Lyzolda, the Blood Witch
(Hand -1, Life -1)
Hellbent - As long as you have no cards in hand, if a source you control would deal damage to a creature or player, it deals double that damage to that creature or player instead.
Hellbent - At the end of your turn, if you have no cards in hand, each of your opponents discards a card.

O

orgg

Viggy is a fun one, without doubt.

All Land, Momir Vig games are fun.

Just don't activate 'em for seven.