One Player Games

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by ayrjae, Jul 9, 2003.

1. ayrjae New Member

Well I have MTGO for one player fun, but I want a game I can play by myself in my freetime, with actual cards, like Solitaire Magic. Do any of you know any fun one player games?
  2. Izaryo Yojimbo

solitaire magic? how do you play that?
  3. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Are you wanting to know one-player games you can play with Magic cards? Not regular cards?
  4. train The Wildcard!!!...

You can play "War" with 2 magic decks... that could only take one player...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

And use the casting costs as the values of the cards?
  6. train The Wildcard!!!...

Casting cost to start with...

If you flip creatures over then they battle based on p/t - if it ties, then you flip 3 cards over, using only creatures to add to the p/t total, and so on...
  7. ayrjae New Member

8. train The Wildcard!!!...

Sorry - Forgot to mention - you don't put any in the deck...

"I asked the same question first time it was mentioned to me...":rolleyes: :cool:
  9. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

um...

take a box of spellfire, get out your lighter...

then light a card on fire and chuck it out the window!
  10. ayrjae New Member

.....and people think your funny? Good one! :rolleyes:

Any way, if anyone else has any games they know, feel free to add....
  11. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

12. Izaryo Yojimbo

annoying site..
    like hundreds of popups.. almost cramped my finger
  13. Killer Joe Active Member

I've tried this a couple of times:

I made a deck consisting of 40 non-land cards. When I first did this I started out with creatures only. During what would be my Phantom Opponent's (PO) main step I roll a D6. On a 1, 2 & 3 there was no effect. But on a 4, 5 & 6 I would roll the D6 again to determine how many <X> permanents I could put into play from the PO's deck.

Rolling a 4 meant I would roll the D6 again and put in <X> minus 3 permanents into play from the PO's deck. On a 5 I would roll the D6 and put in <X> minus 2 permanents into play. And a 6 <X> minus 1 permanents into play.

Each permanent is put on the stack before it resolves so you can respond to it.

In response to any spell I play my Phantom Opponent rolls a D6:
    on a...

1-No Response

2-Counterspell

3-No Response

4-Mana Leak

5-No Response

6-Force Spike

The PO gets every step except he doesn't draw a card. Obviously there is no element of skill on the PO's part but if your looking to just play mechanically this might be a way to go.

I've also have played this with two Phantom Decks to resemble multi-player. You can adjust the rules anyway the suits you. For example; when I'm playing a deck with propaganda I roll the D6 for each creature that could attack me and each propaganda I have in play. Each pip on the dice is one mana.

I haven't figured out how I would adjust it to playing land destruction spells, it'll be hard to figure that one out.

~Mark
  14. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

That sounds more like "play-testing". If that's the case, I have a Duelist that lays out what various "animal" opponents would do. It's a bit out of date (I think it was from 96 or so), but maybe it'll give you ideas to adjust it to today's cards.
  15. Nightstalkers Creature — Nightstalker

there is a site with all kinds of different ways of playing .\\agic...

I'll try to find it again and post it here for ya.