One Player Games

A

ayrjae

Well I have MTGO for one player fun, but I want a game I can play by myself in my freetime, with actual cards, like Solitaire Magic. Do any of you know any fun one player games?

T

train

You can play "War" with 2 magic decks... that could only take one player...

T

train

Casting cost to start with...

If you flip creatures over then they battle based on p/t - if it ties, then you flip 3 cards over, using only creatures to add to the p/t total, and so on...

T

train

Sorry - Forgot to mention - you don't put any in the deck...

"I asked the same question first time it was mentioned to me...":rolleyes: :cool:

N

Nightstalkers

um...

take a box of spellfire, get out your lighter...

then light a card on fire and chuck it out the window!

A

ayrjae

.....and people think your funny? Good one! :rolleyes:

Any way, if anyone else has any games they know, feel free to add....

I

Izaryo

annoying site..
like hundreds of popups.. almost cramped my finger

Killer Joe

I've tried this a couple of times:

I made a deck consisting of 40 non-land cards. When I first did this I started out with creatures only. During what would be my Phantom Opponent's (PO) main step I roll a D6. On a 1, 2 & 3 there was no effect. But on a 4, 5 & 6 I would roll the D6 again to determine how many <X> permanents I could put into play from the PO's deck.

Rolling a 4 meant I would roll the D6 again and put in <X> minus 3 permanents into play from the PO's deck. On a 5 I would roll the D6 and put in <X> minus 2 permanents into play. And a 6 <X> minus 1 permanents into play.

Each permanent is put on the stack before it resolves so you can respond to it.

In response to any spell I play my Phantom Opponent rolls a D6:
on a...

1-No Response

2-Counterspell

3-No Response

4-Mana Leak

5-No Response

6-Force Spike

The PO gets every step except he doesn't draw a card. Obviously there is no element of skill on the PO's part but if your looking to just play mechanically this might be a way to go.

I've also have played this with two Phantom Decks to resemble multi-player. You can adjust the rules anyway the suits you. For example; when I'm playing a deck with propaganda I roll the D6 for each creature that could attack me and each propaganda I have in play. Each pip on the dice is one mana.

I haven't figured out how I would adjust it to playing land destruction spells, it'll be hard to figure that one out.

~Mark

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds more like "play-testing". If that's the case, I have a Duelist that lays out what various "animal" opponents would do. It's a bit out of date (I think it was from 96 or so), but maybe it'll give you ideas to adjust it to today's cards.

N

Nightstalkers

there is a site with all kinds of different ways of playing .\\agic...

I'll try to find it again and post it here for ya.