OMG! We should've done this years ago...

Killer Joe

Let's start an "Official" CPA Casual card list!

Each month everyone submits a card to be put on the list and we all vote on it.

...or something like that!

A committee needs to be formed, a ROTATING committee each month. If your card is selected you either get to be on the committee the next month or remain on the committee if you're already on it.

We can start with nominations for a 3 man/woman committee:

I would nominate Spiderman!

And since we are the CPA why NOT have a list? We're won't shove it down anyone's throat or anything, we could just have it posted on the front page or a link to it.

Dear Mr. Alongi,
I am writting to you today with great pleasure to inform you that the CPA is.......

Killer Joe

We can make this the "Official" Un-Official Casual Player's Card List as determined by the members of the CPA

a.k.a.

The CPA's Casual Card List
"If it ain't on this list, it ain't casual, yet!"

If no one minds I can start to run this and then a Mod can take over later to make it officially un-official, um,...er,...whatever :rolleyes:

The nomination list will be open for 1 week. You post them here. The nominations for the "Selection Committee" will end:

February 28th at Noon

Then, on Feb 28th at 12:01 pm I'll start another thread with a Poll with the nominee'a names. The poll only holds 10 names so, the first ten posted here will be on the poll.

The poll will be open for 1 week.

Then the committee will start the process including any adjustments needed to be made to the 'rules' of the:
The CPA's Casual Card List
"If it ain't on this list, it ain't casual, yet!"

Nomminees so far are:
~Spiderman
~Limited
~TomB

ps - do not nominate me (Killer Joe), I want this to be as fair as possible.

[NOTE: Rants and other non-sense comments are not welcomed]

L

Limited

What is the idea of the list? Is it like a top X of best Casual cards?

(If we do that, how about making a Casual Banned List as well?)

I'll nominate Spiderman (again)

Killer Joe

I suppose the purpose of this "Casual Card List" could be a way of settling dispustes and /or honoring cards that we, the CPA members, consider casual.

Personally, I might suggest that Morphling is a casual card but another may oppose that idea and say Maorphling is a tournament type card. Alrighty then, let's go to the "CPA's casual Card List" and see if it's on the CPA's CCL.

Of course this won't hold any REAL weight unless you're willing to submit to the context and guidelines of civil conversation within the CPA community.

I have a brief modification:

The first FIVE members nominated for the "selection committee" will be put on the poll:
~Spiderman
~Limited
~TomB
~Orgg

~One Spot Left!

N

Nightstalkers

lol, won't see any Nightstalkers on that list... Oh dear... Here comes Habuki...

Umm... nominate someone quick before he gets through the security door... umm...

TRAIN!

Killer Joe

And Mr. "Blue Stinks" train is the last nominee!

I was thinking that waiting for 10 nominees would a bit much. So forget the stuff I said earlier about dates and I'll put up the nominee poll for the "Selection Committee" right now and then run THAT for one week.

M

Mikeymike

What is the goal of the list?

Is this supposed to be a list of Casual All-Star cards?

EDIT

Ignore me, I'll read it next time :rolleyes:

H

HOUTS

Obviously, being vastly, and far superior, in intelligence, while displaying Magic skills beyond all here, should be nominated.
However, I know I won't.
-HOUTS

Killer Joe

"This message is hidden because HOUTS is on your ignore list."

I can't seem to turn it off.......my bad, I meant; I can't seem to WANT to turn it off :D

G

Gizmo

Was the Lord Of The Rings game good?

I've just watched the films again and got a real taste for some Orc flesh.

N

Nightstalkers

In the area I'm in it's actually one of the more prominent games. Before all the local card shops went out of business I still had to drive around 7-10 miles to get to a local shop to play magic... LotR tournaments were less than 5 miles and were held regularly.

As for the game itself I haven't tried it yet... I think I'm allergic to hobbits though because I usually pick up a starter and ask a player to show me how to play.

H

HOUTS

Please Do Not Feed The...
Attached Thumbnails

Houts Autoresponse: Please do not feed his ignorance.

N

Nightstalkers

lol, I just like making his images as correct as possible. I think I actually improved the card a bit.