OMG, storyline question!

R

Rooser

Okay, so on one of MaRo's recent articles he referenced an open call for novel idea submissions, apparently to be based in post-apocalyptic Jamuraa, (The Mirage continent). Apparently one needs knowledge of the Invasion block storyline to pull this off, and that's an awful lot of random junk to muddle through just to find the stuff that pertains to Jamuraa. So my question is - what happens to Jamuraa in the Invasion storyline?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I couldn't tell you really. I'm asuming they're talking about what happens in the books. The new books (where each block has a trilogy of them, one for each set) don't seem to be nearly as good as the old ones (which were actual novels written by authors with actual talent) like "Arena" and "Ashes of the Fallen Sun."

There were some cards that went over Jamuraa a little though, but I only remember a few of them. You could probably grasp some of it by combing through the flavor texts and such of the cards in Invasion block...

Killer Joe

The Weatherlight and her captain (Sissay) had a crew that flew in the skies of Jamurra.

Real references showed up in the Weatherlight expansion, the third in the Mirage triology.

During Tempest, however, Sissay was kidnapped by Volrath.

And that's when more in-depth storylines gave life to the now famous characters of that time:

Gerrard, First mate
Mirri, Cat Warrior
Orim, Samite Healer
Squee, Pain in the Ass
Stark's daughter (can't remember her name now)
Tahngarth, Minotar
Karn, Silver Golem
Hanna, Navigator
Ertai, Wizard Adept
Crovax with his Muse, Selina

I quickly pulled up some of the green/white and blue cards from Mirage, Visions and Weatherlight and found lots of gibberish.