Old Microprose Games

B

BigBlue

Nice....

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but they do not work on XP or Win2K.

It gives some weird error message. :(

I wish I could still run them.

R

rkoelsch

I put the operating system available in the description. Also I think there is a workaround for playing on XP. There is someone on another board that is playing them.

N

Nightstalkers

Darn, I knew we couldn't go for long without someone bringing that crap up again. *Shakes head* *Sigh*

just change XP over to Win98 mode and try the game.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
Darn, I knew we couldn't go for long without someone bringing that crap up again. *Shakes head* *Sigh*

just change XP over to Win98 mode and try the game.
That requires too much effort...I'm not in the mood for effort right now. I played the Microprose one to death. Having a deck w/ at least four of each Power Nine in it and all of my lands are Duals got old pretty fast. They never updated it to include newer sets than Antiquities (and don't give me that crap about the crummy cards from the DotPw being more cards - that was about 40 USELESS CARDS!)

MTGO suits me for now. I would like for them to include cards from the prior sets for purchase (w/ no redemption) so that those of us that loved the old-school stuff could enjoy ourselves w/ the classic cards...but, I don't expect that to happen...

-Ferret

"The put Kobolds in???? WHY!?!?!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good going rkoelsch! Too bad I didn't get a chance to get the games before you thought of eBay ;), but glad you're making a profit. I hope your buyer is legit though; 0 feedback :eek:

I guess I don't have enough time to play the game straight through in a sitting (or a couple), but I have it on the hardest difficulty and am having trouble making headway. Not so much as winning duels, but making progress in the game; the enemy wizards keep taking cities and I'm spending a lot of my time traveling to take them back, instead of advancing into dungeons and whatnot.

I thought Clone would have been a problem card but seeing how they reprinted it recently so it should be in MTGO... how's it working out? Or maybe it's just easier to use with recent cards rather than other old rules-bending cards :)

N

Nightstalkers

DARN! Hmm...

Ebay is a great forum for all junk you might want to wipe your hands of :rolleyes: believe me, I've gotten rid of some wierd junk on ebay

B

BigBlue

I tried that NS, but I know that there are several other factors with XP and compatibility mode.... Pro vs Home, as well as Service Pack...

Ebay.... I picked up a copy of Talisman 2nd Ed with 2 expansions for $160.... ahhhhhhhhhhh. I love that game.

R

rkoelsch

Well I received their money so I will be drafting on MTGO now.

N

Nightstalkers

We didn't say that it was a complete fix :rolleyes:

Just a way around some modern constraints...

Getting burned whenever you play with virii? check out the hackers guide to the galaxy at your local book store today!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually thinking of getting a 486 to run some of my nostalgia old games... plus there's several from Home of the Underdogs that I'd like to try... :)

N

Nightstalkers

I have a brother that would love you then ^_^

<Eris: Goddess of Chaos ;)>