Old-Fashioned Treadmill [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Mostly, I just wanted to use Eater of the Dead alongside Phenax. But this deck has the original Millstone, so it's totally authentic stuff. I was missing some cards that I had the notion to run, so I might pick those up and do a different mill deck at a later date. We'll see.

Commander
1 Phenax, God of Deception

1 Animate Dead
1 Arcane Denial
1 Arcane Signet
1 Arcum's Astrolabe
1 Avatar of Woe
1 Baleful Strix
1 Blood on the Snow
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Brainstorm
1 Bruvac the Grandiloquent
1 Cabal Coffers
1 Captain N'ghathrod
1 Charix, the Raging Isle
1 Consuming Aberration
1 Counterspell
1 Cowardice
1 Crashing Drawbridge
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Damnation
1 Dark Petition
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dragonlord Silumgar
1 Eater of the Dead
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Evacuation
1 Extract from Darkness
1 Fellwar Stone
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Negation
1 Force of Will
1 Fractured Sanity
1 Frost Augur
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Glimpse the Unthinkable
1 Grindstone
1 Guiltfeeder
1 Icebreaker Kraken
1 Jeweled Lotus
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Maddening Cacophony
1 Mana Drain
1 Mana Vault
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Merfolk Secretkeeper
1 Millstone
1 Mindcrank
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mox Opal
1 Necromancy
1 Necropotence
1 Nemesis of Reason
1 Painter's Servant
1 Pemmin's Aura
1 Phyrexian Furnace
1 Polluted Delta
1 Reanimate
1 Rhystic Deluge
1 Rhystic Study
1 Ruin Crab
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scion of Darkness
1 Scrying Sheets
1 Silent Arbiter
9 Snow-Covered Island
9 Snow-Covered Swamp
1 Sol Ring
1 Strip Mine
1 Sunstone
1 Sygg, River Cutthroat
1 Thousand-Year Elixir
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Wasteland
1 Watery Grave
1 Wight of Precinct Six

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Only played this deck once so far, but it already got to do its thing. I got Nemesis of Reason going and there was some removal slinging around the table with all of us being affected at one point or another. There was a Rhys the Exiled deck that threatened to win the most, but was also getting targeted the most by the rest of us. I waited for the right opportunity, then deployed Eater of the Dead. The Rhys deck had enough dead creatures to have the Phenax + Eater combo take off, and I milled all three opponents out that turn, despite one of them running very few creatures.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wound up in a position where I could probably kill either of two opponents with Guiltfeeder, but the one I didn't attack would kill me to eliminate me as a threat. Splitting the difference got me killed anyway and the game continued for a few turns without me, and of course the player I wasn't even targeting ended up having just what he needed to win. Fun game, though.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This one has done better than expected. Ran out of time in my last game, so technically it was a draw. But I was up against overwhelming board states and I liked my chances. Sunstone would have bought me enough time to mill my opponents out.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Scored another win, and again Sunstone came through for me. I got stuck on mana for a long time and should probably have just lost, but the game reached a kind of stalemate between my opponents and none of them really wanted to finish me off. Two out of three of them were piloting graveyard-based decks, and appreciated my cards milling them. In the nick of time, I set up Rhystic Deluge + Cowardice, and this slowed creature-based strategies enough that I got more time to build a proper board state. I thought I'd try to win with creatures, especially if I could steal control of the bloated Grimgrin commander that kept showing up on the board, but All Is Dust followed by overloaded Damn kept me out of the game again. As we scrambled to rebuild again, two of my opponents fell, and I found myself facing off against a player with just 4 cards left in his library at the end of combat on his turn. I had Grindstone. So I unceremoniously milled him out.

I think I'm taking this one apart next, but it's been a success.