OK, I'm registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

igfett

BTW, thanks a lot for setting this up. i'm sure it will be greatly apriciated. email me this admin. thing you mentioned, and explain it please. igfett@hotmail.com

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
well, i'm just gonna tell every one what an admin is here. i copied the "definition" from a page in the control panel:
Admin--

"Administrators have total control over every
aspect of the bulletin board. They are, in
essence, the owners of the board. Thus,
administrator status should only be conveyed to trusted individuals. Most boards have only one owner or administrator.

You may grant administrative power to as many users as you please, however. Only Administrators can grant/remove admin authority.

Administrators are able to set moderators for each forum, set permissions for any registered user, and edit/prune messages."

Now, I don't think we can do all this stuff, cuz this is the "freeware" version. Now, if i can hack it we might be able to, but then again I don't know CGI/Perl.

Anyway, igfett, I admin-ed you so if more CPA members sign up, then you can admin them to.
just go here: http://total-des.hypermart.net/ubb/cp.html and click on "User Info & Permissions"

Oh, and one more thing, if you wanna be admin-ed, just leave a note here. Thanx!

-Mike

N

nekrataal

I want the admin thing too. Let me know.

jimmymc@cvc.net

Z

Zadok001

I do believe this is the first time I've managed to register for one of these w/o having to re-do it over and over and over...

Anyway, count me on.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

I

igfett

should young jedi be admin. he wasn't discussed before. i say no, because we don't want to just continue handing these things out. we should go by the whole "everyone who is currently registered, plus a select few from dojo BBS" thing suggested a while ago. what is everyone else's oppinion?

N

nekrataal

I think he should get an admin. Didn't he help out on the original ideas on the Dojo board? Anyway, everyone else post your opinions.

Other than Ferret and Young Jedi, were there anymore Dojo guys who were interested?

Z

Zadok001

Young Jedi and myself were the first two to send e-mails to Baron. He should definatly be in.

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

I

igfett

OK, he's admin too now. I changed my mind, and 3 out of the 5 current admins said to add him, so I did. we have to stop this now though. only ferret, who everyone seems to feel deserves to play a major part in this, should become an admin now. no more people from the dojo boards. we have 6 administrators now, compared to a standard 1!!! LMK if anyone has a problem with this

N

nekrataal

Agreed, we should stop at Ferret. I wonder if he even knows about the board yet. Maybe someone should email him.

Ferret

Staff member
Okay, okay. Thanks for the emails guys.

In my opinion, it would be best if only one or two people acted as admins for the board. I would prefer it to be someone that has experience w/ UBB (which would exclude me) and has no problem w/ hovering over it and making sure it's okay.

-ferret

"any takers?"

C

Chaos Turtle

I'd say it worked out all right. Take a look around.

. o O (Wow, them's some old names...)

T

train

I just think it neat to see this type of thread up... kind of gives a little insight into this site's "beginnings"...

T

train

Reanimating it because it is "so old" probably isn't the best thing...

bringing it back for insight like it provided would be a much better reason - especially if you had a question about why something was done the way it was done, and not some other way.

C

Chaos Turtle

I think we get the point. Now we can let this thread rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.