Oh, bully bully bullcrap...

H

Hetemti

"Cost of entry includes one OdysseyTM tournament pack and two Odyssey boosters"

WTF? WizCo's f'n us anally once again with their cost-cutting pansy crap by shorting us a booster? What kinda garbage sealed deck can you make with only five boosters of cards? Heck, Apocolpse Supersealed (7 boosters) was a pain, and now we get five for a 350 set? This is just wrong. What are we supposed to do? Mirari the second pack to get the third?

Post your hate for WizCo below...

(Note: I must give props to the Art department for having Donato Giancolla do Mirari...it's the first non-crap art I've seen for the set yet...but that prop is negated by a double-slop for that goddang tombstone logo...UGLY)

T

Turtlewax Joe

Ody is going to blow any way unless the commons have good weenies and the talked about artifasts are real!

WotC is a big corporation that likes to take little kids money and brain wash them with Pokemon.!:eek:

THOSE beestards!

C

Cateran Emperor

That's the way they always do the pre-releases (assuming that's what you're referring to) What did you expect?

C

Chaos Turtle

For the last several prereleases (Tempest til now) Large Expansion PRs are normally run with a starter and two boosters. At Small Expansion PRs you get the starter and three boosters. I've enerv know it to be any other way.

H

Hetemti

Huh...always had three at my prereleases...maybe our TO is nice...I'll have to give him a cookie.

I

Ihsans Shade

If I recall, it's actions such as these which spawned the creation of the CPA a year ago. Without this brand of idiocy, we wouldn't have the priceless moments we've had.

(Audience reaction)::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

G

Gizmo

Ive only ever been at PR with 2 boosters. You cant hold a DCI-sanctioned sealed event off of 3 boosters.
Besides, how is this cost cutting? You WOULD have paid for 3 boosters and NOW you pay for two boosters. Assuming that WotC are gonna make a profit on what they charge for the boosters that means WotC would make less money from a 2-booster event as they would a 3-booster event.
Thirdly - who says the money goes to WotC? Surely its in fact the local TO who gets the money.

So your and Turtlewax Joe (who becomes increasingly irritating with each post he makes) combined criticism was:
2 booster PR tournaments are terrible and are just a way for WotC to make more money.
The reality it:
2 booster PR tournaments are the norm, and even if they werent they would be losing money by switching to them.

Turtlewax - WotC are a games company. Not a massive corporation. They sell games, I like those games, presumably you like those games as well or you wouldnt be here. If you expect Odyssey to be packed with weenies and powerful artifacts you can think again, those days of Magic are at least 2 years behind us. Magic will never be like that again because the CPA and other people like them who werent hardcore tournament players stood up and said that wasnt what they wanted from Magic. WotC listened and stopped making those sorts of cards.

Ive no idea what Ihsans Shade is talking about, this appears to be a storm over literally NOTHING.
:confused:

When will players stop hating WotC just because they make the best game ever. I MEAN FOR GOD`S SAKE! Give them a frickin break! Give us ALL a frickin break!!!! Stop whining and go play the damn game. Jesus.
:mad:

N

NeuroDeus

Gizmo is right... we should stop hating Wizards who did give us Magic...

H

Hetemti

I don't hate Wizards who gave us Magic. I hate Hasbro who are subverting it daily.

Anyway...my point of their becoming cheap is that there's no why they're going to lower the price of admission by $3.50 when they run two packs instead of three.

But if two is normal, than Florida is blessed with the kewelest TO in the world, and I shall shut the hell up like I'm supposedta'. :X

E

EricBess

I'm with CT on this one. I don't remember having a main expansion PR with 3 boosters. I've been to quite a few of the others with 3 boosters, but I have noticed that there are more and more that run those with 2 now also.

Gizmo is right, though. It takes a lot of people for the TO to turn a profit at these events. The prerelease usually does quite well, but the other events don't always break even. The TOs are usually willing to run those events for the priviledge of running the prereleases.

We shouldn't hate the TO for wanting to make money. We should be glad that they are willing to put the tournaments together for us.

Speaking of which, Portland may be getting a prerelease. I'll either be there or in Seattle. I'll let people know at the date gets closer and my plans solidify.

A

Apollo

If two is normal, I suppose I too should go run and hug my TO, cause we get 3 (though the prize support sucks).

S

sageridder

anything sanctioned has always been one sealed,or "tourney deck" and two boosters.

H

Hetemti

That must suck...since 33% of the players don't even have a chance...

I

Ihsans Shade

Yes they gave us magic, and crape like foreskin I mean forsight, zap, sorrow's path, and a lot of other 'good cards'. I don't hate WotC, but I'm saying that the reson the CPA was founded was too stand up for the rights of the casual players. This is the stuff this allaince was made for.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I hate to say it, but I'm a firm believer that you can use any card for something. Look at Donate. Look at Necropotence. Look at Juzam Djinn. All were thought of as "chaff".

You can make Sorrow's Path work if you really tried (where's our founding member Ferret when you need him!). You can make other cards work.

Commons of course are common and need to be available to others. But uncommons and rares, you can make them work if you tried.

G

Gizmo

Ihsans Shade - WHAT STUFF! The thread seems to have boiled down to 'two boosters are normal'. So precisely WHAT STUFF are you talking about.
:confused:

I

Ihsans Shade

What I meant was that when I first read this post someone had a problem with what WotC was doing with Magic. I saw the vary reson's this thing got started. But now that its boiled down to "Okay, two boosters are normal," I'll go sit in a corner and shut up about this.

I'm shutting up now...
Ihsan's Shade