Of Peanut Butter and Popcorn Stands...

H

Hetemti

Dual Poll:
1) I can get a box of 36 boosters for $70 or 12 Tournament Starters for $75. Is it worth the $5 for the extra new Invasion lands lands and dozen deck boxes, or is it wiser to just get boosters? (Aside: Do Tourney Packs have foils?)

2) It was cute at first, but now it's annoying. I'm speaking of the ASCII art in people's signatures. Especially since some are poorly done (no offence intended), I vote that they be removed, least for cosmetic reasons. Agree or disagre? (Aside: Do people who hate white border cards equally hate unecessary ASCII pix in footnotes?)

3) Should the rich eat the poor? (Optional)

C

Cateran Emperor

1. Yes, Tourney packs can have foils in them. Which you get is up to you ultimately.

2. Um, No. I'm not getting rid of my little evisceratin' guy. In fact, kudos to Griffith for creating the idea for these, I like these. (BTW I don't hate white bordered, but I do prefer black just for the sense of flow it gives the deck (that came out wrong :D ))

3. Sure, why not :D But seriously, care to clarify that a bit?

now for my own Q:

Something tells me Mr. Hetemi is feeling very cynical right now. Your signature even professes your hatred of our little ASCII guys. What is the reason he so dislikes them (Aside: Would he not mind if he had his own personal one?)

H

Hetemti

1) I'm allways cynical.
2) Due to the nature of the meaning of "Hetemti," it can not be preceded by niether "Mr." nor any other title.
3) I, personally, like your "little evisceratin' guy," but the recent influx of poorly made icons is becoming rather ostentatious. Perhaps it has something to having not slept in 40 hours, but the chances are slim.
4) How can that be more clear? "Should the rich eat the poor?"

T

Thrash Golem

they are kind of annoying..

i think a sig should not be mor then 4 lines long unless it's really funny or something. mine is a perfect example of a good signature lengthwise. there may be some people in mongolia who are addicted to pants who think my sig is offensive so its not totally perfect.

C

Cateran Emperor

1) hard concept for me to grasp, I'm rarely cynical :D
2) [Does not know the meaning of "Hetemi"]
3) Any particular ones you don't like and think should be changed (btw, glad to know you like lil' evisceratin' guy :D)
4) Is this some kind of political/economical question, or are you meaning this as a pun type o' thing? If the former, I'd guess you're probably a Democrat or at least lean to the left if you're independent, but then that's just a guess. And I'd say you're being a bit overblown on that one. The rich don't eat the poor, they merely employ them. All's fair in economics, but not all is the honorable thing to do. If it's the latter, then yes, with some peanut butter and jelly too :D
5) I'm tired too, I'm going to sleep now. G'night all :cool:

N

Namielus

With tournement packs you lose 1 common in every pack to get 1 extra uncommon in them, also the chance to get foil land is much higher in tournement packs, you will still get foils in tournement packs.

Eating the poor? well I don't think that would serve its purpose as well as you think, most really really poor people sleep in places you wouldn't piss on, also they would in general be pretty lankey so I say nope, the rich shouldn't eat the poor (unless I don't like those rich people.)

D

Duel

1: dunno, Never been to a tourney
2: well, I dunno. Could be worse, could be a picture of me. Taking THAT down for cosmetic reasons, now that makes sense...
3: What's the point? Leave'em alone long enough, the poor will eat themselves, why should we do that for them?

C

Cerberus

1. I would buy boosters if there is a 5 dollar differince if it was less like 1 or 2 dollars I would go with starters because I like to have the nem land

2.I don't realy like the ASCII art in the signatures but I don't think that my opintion should be used to remove all the art if they want to have let them have it!!
(I also hate white bordered cards)

T

Thrash Golem

ok..

smal ascii art sigs.. like duel's.. thats perfect

but nameilus your is too big and stuff

A

Apollo

Should I kill my ASCII thing? I'll put it on here so people can see it, though I normally wouldn't with such a short post.

C

Cateran Emperor

I like yours Apollo, it's the fiery chicken! I still don't think we need to get rid of any of them, how about just putting a limit of maybe 6 lines on the character itself? I still don't like that, but since most of them are no bigger than that it won't do much.

Duel, tournament packs don't come from tournaments ;) They're 75 card things with lands and the like in them, which sell for about the price of 3 boosters, so they're a betterdeal initially if you want the new lands and their artwork. After that, boosters are probably a better bet since I don't think tourney packs can have a foil rare (maybe they can, I'm not sure as maybe I just didn't pull one from one yet)

S

Sleepy

lemme know. on your other questions, I always buy starters cause I need the lands,and the rich should eat whatever they want, as long as they can pay for it

C

Chaos Turtle

1) Depends on if you think 1.4 cents per land is a good deal, and you want about 72 of each basic land. I'm not sure how the foils work out. If I like the lands, I may get the starters (though I usually don't buy boxes anymore, as I get lots of cards from drafting).

2) I don't think we should eliminate the ascii's, but I'm in favor of them being well-made (thanks again, Griffith se!) and not too gaudy. I also don't use my sig for every post, which cuts down on the space it takes up... a practice I strongly recommend.

3)If they think they can, sure; but I personally favor eating the rich.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
1. Have no idea.

2. I like the sigs and don't think ANY are really poorly made. I think Griffith_se did a fantastic job coming up with them.

Instead of getting rid of the sigs, how about getting rid of dumb, stupid, pointless battles in the Battle Forum that are pretty much used to up one's posting numbers (as I see it)? :rolleyes:

3. Beats the heck out of me :)

D

Duel

[me] beats the heck out of Spidey[/me]
What?!? Spidey told me to!

N

NeuroDeus

You are making this campaign against sig. because mine is a bit crap...yea....thanks...

D

Duel

Like I said, the page of quotes and the Giant Invasion Dragon were really the only ones I disliked. I don't mind nameilius'. It's upper limit, but okay.